Friday 20 April 2012

Pretty as a Rose.

Dior Addict Spectacular Shine Lipstick - Baby Rose



This is my first Dior lipstick ever. I've always wanted one, as they looked so pretty when I swatched them in store and the packaging is incredibly beautiful. However, the idea of spending £24 on a lipstick was such a put off, that I never got round to buying one.
Therefore when my other half went on holiday, he fetched me one back as a present and you can imagine how happy I was to open it and try it out (lets just say if he wasn't in my good books anyway, he was definitely in them now), and as soon as i tried it on...I was in love completely. He fetched me the baby rose shade, which is a baby pick with an incredible shine and a small amount of shimmer which just accentuates its beauty. I'm the ultimate girly girl and therefore i love anything pink, which was his reason for buying me the shade he had, which was definitely the best colour, if I was to purchase one myself, it was definitely the shade i would have gone for.

Now onto the lipstick itself. After researching this lipstick online its become apparent that it can be called either Baby Rose or Baby Pink depending what website your looking on, however the code is the same for both; 561. The formula is so rich and creamy, this is due to the lipstick itself being made from 25% less wax then your average lipstick, which means its very soft and glides onto the lips beautifully. Instead the lipstick  contains an extraordinary reflecting gel. The results in modern transparency, intense plumping hydration and a magnifying glass effect to intensify shine, plump the lips and above all, enhance colour. Everything a girl could dream of within a lipstick.
The lasting effects of this lipstick is incredible. At first i thought due to it being really creamy and somewhat gloss like, it would fade or rub off rather quickly, however it does just the opposite; it lasts for ever on the lips. I wore this on a night out and it lasted pretty much the whole night, obviously I had to do a few touch ups between drinking and eating, but  it must have only been about twice at the most throughout the whole night. At the end of the night it was still definitely my lips that looked ultimately show stopping.
The packaging of this lipstick is stunning, it changes colour as the light hits it creating a somewhat rainbow effect which is very difficult to portray though photos (no matter how many photos I took it would show how incredible the effect is). This definitely makes the lipstick feel even more beautiful and looks even more expensive.
Lastly the price of this lipstick is really rather expensive, but it is so definitely work paying the money for. I have my eye on a few more shades which I'm planning on purchasing soon, one being Paris and the other Dior Kiss, both obviously pink, but 2 complete different shades of pink. 

Overall I love this lipstick, its my favourite lipstick ever. I cant explain enough in words how much i love it.

I've never really been that interested in Dior as a make up brand, I always thought it was really rather expensive and, it was a brand which I hadn't really seen on many blogs before either. However now I'm definitely a Dior addict. Its opened my eyes to the vast range of beautifully created make up, which is definitely worth paying the money for, as its such exquisitely made and give the most stunning results. Quickly becoming one of my favourite high end beauty brands.

What do you think of Dior make up, are any of their products your holy grail products?

No comments:

Post a Comment