Saturday 14 April 2012

Skincare Saviours.

Origins Super Spot Remover & bareMinerals Pure Transformation Night Treatment.


I've always had really bad skin; very oily, large pores, serious amounts of blemishes and overall really dull. So you may agree that my skin is no doubt at rock bottom. This was however, until i found these two products; Origins super spot remover and bareMinerals pure transformation night treatment. These products have really helped my skin to be overall much nicer, healthier and less oily. I will separate this blog between the two, highlighting what they claim to do and also the good and bad points regarding each product.

Firstly, Origins super spot remover;
This product claims that just a dab of this miracle liquid the Salicylic Acid instantly help speed healing while anti-spot technology helps visibly correct post blemish darkening. Along side this skin-calming Caffeine and Red Algae help visibly relieve irritating redness, and to help keep skin looking spotless, super exfoliators eliminate excess oils and pore-clogging debris.
This is a really small bottle, it looks rather large in the picture however its only 10ml, which is the size of most testers of products. However don't let that put you off. You only need the smallest amount dabbed over the spots and then work it into the skin, and trust me, a little amount goes a very, very long way. One small blob of this can cover my entire forehead (which is what I usually do when I have an extreme breakout or if I can feel one beginning to break through).
Good points;
- Reduces spot size and redness incredibly fast
- When I apply this to my spots it gets rid of them at an average of a day, sometimes depending on how severe the break out is it may be two days.
- This little bottle has lasted me at least 4 months, maybe more and as you can see its going to last me at least another month or two, this means I only have to buy 2 bottles a year.
- Due to its small size its so easy to take around with me, I can easily slip it into my bag if I'm going away for the weekend or if I'm going to college and I have a pretty bad break out which I want to get rid of fast.
- Most impotently, when i purchased this I though due to the Salicylic Acid it was going to really dry my skin out after applying it, however that's not the case you can hardly even tell its there, and is fantastic over make up.
Bad points;
- There aren't any, its amazing in every way.
The price of this little miracle product is £12, which may seem pretty steep for such a small bottle, however it will last you ages. In total your only looking at paying £24 a year for something which will keep spots at bay and give you great, healthy and radiant looking skin. In my opinion, very much worth it. This can be purchased from any Origins stall, such as within Debenhams or online on their website.
Now on to the, bareMinerals pure transformation night treatment; 
This groundbreaking night treatment states to be powered by a newly found proprietary ActiveSoil Complex, which is clinically proven to help dramatically reduce the appearance of pores, increase luminosity and deliver faster cell turnover-resulting in miraculous skin-renewing benefits. Overall allowing you to experience younger-looking, radiant, even skin tone with improved texture. This concentrated powder formula replenishes skin while you sleep so you'll wake up to the famous bareMinerals naturally luminous glow. The best bit about this is that its available in four shades to instantly diffuse imperfections, which means basically its like wearing a foundation to bed, scary I know, but just imagine; going to bed knowing you look incredible, its fantastic!
Good points;
- I have this in the shade Medium, which provides a good coverage of imperfections, this is perfect for me because when I stay out, I like to feel I have a slight coverage to my skin, so that it doesn't look as bad as I imagine it to.
- I use this twice a week, it really helps to calm my skin, reduce the appearance of pores and makes my skin look both radiant and really really healthy the next morning.
- Since I've been using this I have definitely noticed a reduced number of breakouts and my skin doesn't look at all as dull as it once did.
- Due to having really sensitive skin, I was worried this would react badly with it, however that's not been the case at all. Its worked really well with my skin, which is something which is very rare when I use treatments on my face, even really high end products.
- The brush is incredibly soft and smooth, which helps the application of the powder to my skin, meaning I can apply just enough to my skin that is needed without going over the top. Usually it takes 3 applications to make sure my face is definitely covered using this product.
Bad points;
- The only bad point I can think of regarding this product is that it has a tendency of making me sneeze a lot when I'm first applying it.
This is priced at £45 which i have to admit is really quite expensive, however you only have to use it once or twice a week. I bought it from Feel Unique.com during one of their 15% off on bareMinerals deals which did lower the price quite a lot. This can also be purchased from any bareMinerals stall such as in Boots or Debenhams.

Both of these products are what I use when I'm having a really bad skin day, they work really well together and I will be repurchasing both of these products when they run out.
I'm currently waiting on some Korres skincare products which I have been looking at for a while now, therefore I will be reviewing as soon as I've tested them out.



Do you have any Skincare Saviours, if so what products are they?

No comments:

Post a Comment