Sunday 22 April 2012

Let the Battle Commence.

Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra 24H vs Diorskin Forever


Over the past month I've been looking for a new foundation. I originally used the Chanel vitalumiere aqua foundation, however it wasn't working well with my skin, therefore i thought it was time to find a new one. After searching and testing out every foundation on the market (pretty much) I was left with these two as my favourites, read on to find out my summery of both, and discover which one overall blew me away.

My skin;
  • combination skin
  • oily t-zone and nose however other areas are really dry
  • very sensitive due to having eczema
  • I wear a lot of false tan, so a fantastic shade match is a must

Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra 24H Foundation
Details;
  • 24h long-wear for endless perfection with SPF 15
  • remains retouch-free, providing a flawless looking, even complexion
  • velvety-smooth, shine-free finish
  • blendable and fresh texture is divine and leaves the complexion feeling smooth, velvety and matte with no powdery effect.           
  • £27 for 30ml
First Impressions;
I picked up a sample of this at my local Lancome counter in shade 3, which is a medium beige. The shade matched my skin exactly and blends in beautifully using the Real Techniques stippling brush. You only need a small amount for it to do you whole face which I think is really fantastic. It provides a light to medium cover, which can be built up in certain area if you need more coverage from blemishes. It provides a very velvety finish, which is really pretty and makes my skin look very healthy and flawless, the SPF 15 also means it protects my skin throughout the day meaning its brilliant for summer.

Lasting Ability;
I don't think it lasts 24h at all, even if you wanted it to I don't think it would manage it. I wore it for a full day and it needed to be touched up every 6 hours maybe, as my skin started to become a bit oily around my t-zone and on my nose. It had also started fading in certain areas such as my chin and forehead which was deal-able, and only needed touching up, it wasn't as bad as those foundations which go patchy all over as it starts to wear off. Throughout the day it also started showing my pores, which is a really big issue for me as i have rather large pores and therefore i want something to cover them, not accentuate them.


Diorskin Forever Foundation

Details;
  • flawless perfection fusion wear makeup with SPF 25
  • ultra-sensorial texture, bursting with made-to-measure perfecting skin care ingredients
  • melts into the skin for an absolutely perfect complexion that lasts all day long
  • blends seamlessly with the skin for a smoother, more even complexion day after day
  • £31 for 30ml
First Impressions;
I picked up a sample of this in shade 30, which is a medium beige. It matches my skin perfectly and looks really natural on my skin. The blending quality of this is fantastic, you need a small amount and it blends in perfectly using my Real Techniques stippling brush, covering my face completely and hiding any imperfections. It covers pretty much everything, however it feels really light and lovely on the skin, making it look radiant and healthy however not looking cakey and like your wearing foundation.It has an SPF 25, which is incredible for a foundation, and its remarkable that it doesn't look as cakey as i thought it would, due to the high factor SPF. Another highlight about this foundation is how super speed the drying time is, it sets almost intently, for some people this may be a downside because it means you have to work fast, but for me its brilliant because it means I don't have to wait ages to carry on with the rest of my make up; contouring, blusher, highlighter etc.

Lasting Ability;
This is amazing. It lasts such a long time without having to touch it up at all. The women in the stop told me that it helps mattify the oily bits of my face, and moisturised the dry, which I didn't believe...but its so true. Usually foundations stick to the dry bits of your face, this ruining the overall appearance of you face and making it obvious that your wearing foundation. However this doesn't do that at all it actually made my dry skin disappear even after taking it off, which shows that it must have some moisturising qualities within the formula, that is definitely an upside for me. The finish of this foundation lasts all day, it even survived stressed out packing, air conditioning hell and being stuck in a very hot car for 2 hours, and it didn't budge at all...not even slightly. This is a massive thumbs up for me, its the best foundation I've ever tried.

The boyfriend evaluation;
I explained to him before hand that I was trying to find a new foundation. Originally it was between three foundations, however after trying out the new liquid foundation my Benefits, it was crossed out of the mix straight away. It was the first time I'd used it and it was horrific...but didn't even get me started on that rant...in my opinion its shocking in comparison to these two. Therefore he only had to chose between these two, he wasn't very good at choosing, as I didn't actually think he could tell any difference however he agreed with me on the end result of which foundation won this battle.

THE RESULTS;
I can assume that you will already know which foundation won this battle for me. Even though it was really close I have to go with the Diorskin Forever foundation, something I wasn't expecting before I tried it, as I was very much focused on thinking Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra 24H was the foundation for me...how i was wrong. Even though the Dior foundation is the most expensive out of the two, it is only £4 more then the Lancôme, and I really think it is worth paying that extra £4 as it has so many more advantages in comparison; the SPF 25 for one. Overall I'm in love with the Diorskin Forever foundation, and I will definitely be purchasing this next weekend when me and my boyfriend go shopping. Hes suddenly started calling me the Dior Princess because of how quickly I've began loving all the products by Dior.

Which foundation would have you chosen...do you agree with my choice?
Or do you have a favourite foundation which you think could beat both of these foundations hands down.

1 comment:

  1. Great to read since I am choosing between the two of them right now!

    ReplyDelete