Wednesday 18 April 2012

Heavenly Flush of Enlightenment.

Benefit's Hervana Blush.



I've never really been one for wearing blush, maybe on the odd night out or special occasion to help make my complexion look that bit better and help me look more...alive, however it was never a staple product within my day to day make up...until now.
When this was first released the blogging world went mental for it, and I was rather dubious that a blusher was worth paying £24 for, especially when this is not far off what I would pay for a foundation. Then one day i decided to go to the benefits counter and have a look at their products, I was originally focused on buying the benefits confessions of a concealaholic kit, which had been catching my eye for a few month's, and during browsing a girl there offered me a free make over, helping me test out products and chose which ones she thought were good for me. This I'm really good at already, after reading so many blogs I sort of pretty much know what will work and what to stay away from, but never the less I really like having my make up done by other people so I didn't mind. This was when she unleashed the brand new Hervana blush.
Overall this is really stunning, I love the idea of having four different colours (a raspberry purple colour, red, a shimmery apricot colour and a cream/baby pink colour which is just beautiful) all combining into one to create an incredible flush look, it also means that every times different depending however much you swirl the colours together. The overall colour on the cheeks is really natural and beautiful, giving just enough colour however for those who like a very strong blusher this can also be worked up to a very bold colour on the cheeks. However its perfect for both day and night and lasts so long on the cheeks, making you look health and glowing throughout the day. It also has a slight shimmer to it, which helps make the skin glow but doesn't make you too shiny and overly glittery...not like in your face glittery/shimmery.
Another thing which I have noticed about this blush is the smell, this is something I would have never thought I would be saying about a blush, but it smells incredible, it reminds me a bit like tutti frutti's if anyone remembers them. Its a really pretty smell and its very uplifting.
The brush it comes with however isn't brilliant, its good as something to use if your out and don't have another brush at hand. In general I have a separate brush which I use to apply it with and if I'm being truthful, I don't really know how to apply it with the brush provided. I've tried it many times and it just goes on so heavy and just don't work as well as a usual blusher blush, this is no doubt to do with it being quite flat.

Overall this became a quick staple product of mine, as well as a holy grail product. Its amazing and i don't think I will be trying any other blush in a hurry this is far too good, and due to me having it since it came out which was January it doesn't even look like I've barely touched it, even thought i use it every day. This definitely makes paying £23.50 for it even more worth while as it looks like its going to last such a long time.



This is definitely the best blusher ever, and has definitely made me a blusher convert.
Have you tried the Hervana blusher, what do you think of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment