Sunday 29 April 2012

Beautiful Illusion.

Illusion D'Ombre De Chanel


Entwined with gold, bronze and platinum reflections, the iridescent and luminous shades of Illusion D'Ombre De Chanel can be used to create the most extreme, stylish looks or simply to caress the eyes with a veil of mother-of-pearl. The surprising sensuality of its silky, light and long-lasting powder to cream texture makes application a pure delight, as it glides on so evenly and beautifully.

I have this in shade 83, which is called Illusoire. It was the first one out of the collection which really jumped out at me and therefore it was inevitable that I would purchase it. I first bought this when they first came out, around September last year, however I fell in and out of love with it, sometimes it worked really well other times it didn't give the look I wished to achieve with it. However there is one thing I can not deny, the colour is just beautiful. Illusoire is a smokey mauve shade, which looks absolutely gorgeous when applied, its very subtle reflective shimmer is what makes this the most stunning out of all the shades in this range. The eyeshadow applies like a dream, I usually only use the brush provided or my own eyeshadow brush, because due to wearing false nails its really difficult to use with my fingers without getting myself into a complete mess.


I was really surprised at the lasting power of the product. It goes almost all say with only a minimal fading or budging, which is really good when my eyelids can become some what rather oily throughout the day.
Overall these are £23, and looking back I don't really think I would buy it again. Its beautiful, however I don't get as much use out of it in comparison to other eye shadows I have or which are available. Therefore I think once this has finished I wont repurchase another one. Saying that I have seen two other colours which are really pretty, but I'm not 100% I would rush out to buy them to be honest. It is a really good eyeshadow, but if your looking into buying one, I would definitely advice going to a Chanel store or counter and testing them out first before buying one.

Have you tried any of the Illusion D'Ombre De Chanel eye shadows...what do you think, are they worth £23?

No comments:

Post a Comment