Friday 27 April 2012

Glamorous Glow.

Lumière Sculptée de CHANEL – Highlighting Powder


FACT this is the most beautiful highlighter I have ever seen in my life. Its a pale, ivory powder infused with a glimmering pink pearlscence, it is said to gently illuminate the skin, leaving behind the most stunning, sophisticated glow. I bought this just before Christmas, it was part of Chanel's Holiday 2011 Collection. Not only was it the crown jewel of the collection, it was also limited edition which made me want to buy it even more.
The box is rather traditional, black and gold and is rather large, however so is the compact. However the thing I love most about the packaging of this compact is that the compact itself comes in a velour sleeve, adding yet another layer of protection, making sure it doesn't get smashed in the process of carrying it around with you. This is amazing especially considering it was £50, and I wont be able to repurchase it.

The powder itself is breathtaking, the design is amazing and you can really tell some serious effort has been put into creating this compact. It comes in an over sized compact format, which is a hefty 13g/0.46oz, which is some serious product, which will last you a very long time. The angled brush included is OK, I haven't yet had chance to buy a new brush to use with it, therefore the angled brush makes do, its a decent size and really rather usable. The product has a delicate silvery over spray which basically disappears after a few swipes, while the raised pattern seems to be embedded rather deeply into the powder. At first glance I really thought this product was going to be far too light for me, and therefore wouldn't really do my face any justice. However I quickly changed my mind, once the over spray has been removed what you get is rather subtle, almost like a soft candle-lit glow which is totally stunning. Its enough to enhance your features and earning you the "second glace" which the creator of Chanel was ever so fond of.
Overall, simply looking at this highlighter, makes me so happy. I'd seen it in a few promotional photos, and really loved it, however seeing it in person made it very hard to resist buying it. As I haven't really used a highlighter before this was my first attempt and its definitely made me into a little highlighter lover, I really do think it makes a lot of difference to your make up just by adding a slight bit of highlighter to your cheek bones. It did take me a while to work out how to use it, and it was very much trial and error until I found out how to do it in a way which suited my face. However if your someone who doesn't want an obvious sheen, then this is not the product for you, but if its a more subtle glow your after, then i recommend you pass by the nearest Chanel counter, and give it a try (if its still available that is). Even though it was really rather expensive at £50, its limited edition and totally stunning, so it was definitely worth indulging in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment