Saturday 13 September 2014

Radiant.

NARS -
Radiant Creamy Concealer
When this first came out there was so much hype around it that I refused to buy into. Lets be honest anyone who read a review of this has that nibbling feeling in the back of their minds thinking this is just too good to be true. However, when I treated myself to the new YSL Fusion Foundation, I thought I would also treat myself to a new concealer, and this was the first thing that came to mind, so I thought I would finally take the plunge and buy it.
NARS describes this concealer by saying ‘Coveted by artists for its luxurious texture and luminous finish, new Radiant Creamy Concealer evens skin with lightweight medium to high buildable coverage. Enriched with hydrating, multi-action skincare benefits and light diffusing technology, it creates a softer, smoother complexion while instantly obscuring imperfections and diminishing fine lines and signs of fatigue. Incredibly long wearing and crease-proof and Paraben-free, Alcohol free, Synthetic fragrance free, Non comedogenic.’
First off all this comes in a whopping 10 shades, which means there should be a colour for everyone, which is great because especially with concealer I find it has to fit perfectly or it ruins the whole effect of concealing your imperfection, under eye bags etc. The shades are; Chantilly (True ivory for fairest skin), Vanilla (Slight pink for for fair skin), Honey (warm peach for light-med skin), Custard (yellow tone for light-med skin), Ginger (golden tone for med skin), Biscuit (neutral med-dark skin), Caramel (golden yellow for med-dark skin), Amdande (med-dark w/ golden olive undertones) and Cafe and Cacao (for dark skin w/ deep gold/brown undertones).

The packaging is identical to their Larger Than Life lipglosses, but with a doefoot applicator. As the name would suggest, the consistency of this concealer is a creamy satiny-velvet, and while it is thick, it blends into the skin nicely and isn't cakey at all. It actually reminds me a lot of my Holy Grail concealer Collection 2000's Lasting Perfect, but something about this is just better. Despite it being liquid, it's not very moist, it wipes on in an opaque layer (literally like paint) and blends quickly to a high coverage perfection and dries to a natural, non shiny, non matte finish. The coverage is high, yet it's still light enough to be used under the eye as well as on any pesky blemishes. The staying power is great too, I only need one or two top ups throughout the day to keep my skin looking flawless.

Overall, it's an amazing all round concealer that I would definitely recommend to anyone. In terms of skin type, I know people of all skin types who have raved about this product, so I would happily say it's suitable for everyone. It is rather pricey at £21 for 15ml, but I can safely say that this is my current favourite concealer.

Have any of you tried this yet?

What do you think about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment