Thursday 18 September 2014

Honey & Oats.

The Body Shop -
Honey & Oat 3 in 1 Scrub Mask
I’m always on the hunt for the perfect mask, one that doesn’t irritate or overly dry out my sensitive skin, however that helps revive and really cleanse my skin. The Body Shop is definitely my go to place for skin care, I really like their products, and even though some haven’t been my favourite products I can always rely on them not totally stressing my skin out to the point of no return. I picked this mask up because I wanted to try something new that would help exfoliate my skin whilst help with my large open pores, and the consultant said this would be best for that, without over powering my skin.

So what does The Body Shop say about it. This three-in-one face-mask cleanses, polishes and moisturises normal to dry skin. It gently removes dead skin cells, smoothest and refines whilst moisturising and conditioning.’ I know it highlights its aimed for normal to dry skin, however I find something things which are aimed at normal to dry skin tend to be much more gentle, then those aimed for combination skin.
I love products that multitask, so the 3-in-1 element of the Body Shop Honey & Oat mask is particularly appealing, plus it smells incredible! When your applying it you can feel the oats, however there are no actual scrubby bits, so anyone looking for an intense exfoliation won’t find it here. All 3 times I have used it I have experienced a slight stinging sensation, which quickly subsides to a tingle and then disappears. This could just be because of my skin be overly sensitive, however when I removed it I had no redness, so I know it hadn’t upset it. I leave it on for about 10 minutes and then remove it with warm water really rubbing in the oats to make sure it exfoliates my skin. It does leave my skin feeling super smooth and moisturised, just as I was expecting. However for those with truly dry skin, you might want to apply a moisturiser pretty soon afterwards, I don’t think it would be as moisturising on drier skin. I think it does a great deep clean though and it makes my skin look fresh and glowing which I like rather a lot.
Overall, I can definitely see myself using all this up but not 100% sure I’d go for a second pot. I’ll update if and when that time comes! 
The Body Shop Honey & Oat 3-in-1 Scrub Mask cost £10 which I think is really good price, the pot will last me so long!

No comments:

Post a Comment