Wednesday 10 September 2014

Fusion Ink.

YSL -

Fusion Ink Foundation

There's been quite a bit of hype around the new YSL Fusion Ink or 'Le Teint Encre De Peau' Foundation, not only with Cara Delevingne on the ads, but more so with YSL handing out free 7-day trial pots last week, it's gotten quite a lot of attention, but is it worth the hype?
So basically, it's very similar in consistency to both the Giorgio Armani Maestro and L'Oreal Paris Eau De Teint (the bottle is a giant horrific mess that I couldn’t even bring myself to use it too many times…foundation everywhere!) foundations, which is basically why I tried it. All three brands being under the L'Oreal umbrella, I have a sneaky suspicion it's probably also made in the same labs. Anyway, from reading reviews beforehand a lot of people claimed it was similar to Giorgio Armani Maestro (my favourite every foundation), but a little more coverage, which is the only downfall about Giorgio Armani Maestro, it’s a tad too sheer.
That aside, I have to say that this is probably my favourite ever foundation! Something about it seems more moisturising than the other two, Giorgio Armani especially is not designed for dry skin, it will cling to every inch of it (sometimes to spots also), this however doesn’t do that at all, it just guilds beautifully over any dry areas. It's incredibly light on the skin, yet has that lovely medium build-able coverage with a natural, semi-matte finish. However, despite being semi-matte, it still manages to give you a definite 'glow'. Personally, I think this is a great foundation for people like myself, who want a light base for the day and a heavier one for the evening, but don't want to buy two different products. One layer is perfect for the daytime, two works well for the evening.
YSL's claims for the foundation are pretty huge too, it's meant to last for 24 hours and not require a primer or powder. I'm not sure I agree with the 24 hours (who would leave it on for that long anyway?) but this does have fantastic staying power on my skin, especially considering how light it feels. I use a primer with this, and actually apply my BB cream underneath as well, and it seemed to sit perfectly all day. I may try it with just a primer the next time I wear it on a night out to see if it sits just as well.
The applicator it comes with was something I didn’t expect its incredibly unusual. However, the instruction, which comes with the foundation, shows you how and where to drop it onto key areas of your skin, so that it gives you beautiful coverage without using too much and it looking too heavy or cakey.

Overall I was really impressed with this, it’s incredible if you like an incredibly light on the skin, yet lovely medium build-able coverage. It’s my current favourite foundation and I can see me using it for a long time. It's just launched in Debenhams, priced at £30.50, The nationwide launch is set for the 20th August. I know they've been giving out 7-day free trials of this all of last week, but I'm not sure if they are still available post-launch. It's worth asking, but if not, you can sample it on counter. There are 16 different shades, so there will be a shade perfect for everyone!

Has anyone else tried this yet?
What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment