Saturday 27 September 2014

Award-Winning?!

bareMinerals -
Original SPF15 Mineral Foundation
Recently a friend told me to try the bareMinerals mineral foundation. She was really raving about it saying how it was the best thing she had ever tried, therefore I thought whilst in Meadowhall, I would visit the bareMinerals counter and check it out.

The website states; Our ORIGINAL SPF 15 Foundation gives you all the flawless coverage you want with a naturally luminous finish that won't clump or cake. It's proven to improve the appearance of your skin over time. The creamy minerals diminish the look of fine lines and wrinkles without drying out your skin. Its silky, soft texture looks like a powder, but feels like a cream and buffs on beautifully. Made with only the purest, highest quality ingredients.’
The consultant was really lovely and showed me all the products she thought were going to be great for my skin. She then applied the original foundation to one side of my face so I could compare it to the other. I could really see a difference straight away. She then allowed me to do the other side of my face myself, so I could see how easy it was to apply it. So I thought I would buy one and try it for myself. I’ve been testing it out a couple of weeks and thought I would give you my opinion on it so far.

bareMinerals (sometimes know as bareEscentuals) has two formula's with their foundations; the original has a more luminous finish, has a powder to cream finish and blends well to a medium to full coverage. The matte version which is still relatively new, has less soothing properties, it also has a medium to full coverage but has a less luminous finish. The consultant highlighted that even though matte was a good foundation, particularly around winter it could cling to some of my more dryer areas, and it was less soothing on the skin (perfect for sensitive skin).
It gives good coverage and still feels light-weight as if I am wearing no make-up at all. The coverage is build-able and totally blends in. My skin doesn’t look cloggy or cakey. However if you're looking for perfection, I suggest using a primer underneath for a better finish. I use bareMinerals Prime Time before applying the foundation. 
Applying this foundation is incredibly easy. You simply follow these instructions:
1. Swirl 
a small amount of bareMinerals into the lid with your chosen bareMinerals brush until the bareMinerals are tucked into the bristles.
2. Tap
 off excess. bareMinerals should not be visible on the outside of the brush.
3. Buff 
bareMinerals onto the skin in a swirling, circular motion, starting on the outside of your face near your cheekbones. Then, buff around your face, working your way to the cheeks, forehead, and nose. Buff until you're satisfied with the coverage. Less is more when applying bareMinerals.
Even though this foundation is definitely a splurge, its £25 for only 8ml, which is quite expensive, it's worth it if you're looking for flawless, natural coverage and luminous finish. It's available in a large variety of shades for all skin tones. (It also has SPF15, which is also a plus). 

Overall, I really like this foundation. Its taking me a while to get used to applying just the right amount and the whole swirl, tap, buff motion but never the less it’s a really lovely foundation. During special events and when I go out at night I definitely think I will still use my YSL Fusion Ink foundation, however I think this would be great just to sweep on top as a powder to set it and give it that little extra coverage.

Are you in to mineral foundation or do you prefer a liquid one?
Which mineral foundation is your favourite?

No comments:

Post a Comment