Friday 21 February 2014

Yes to Cucumbers...

Yes to Cucumbers -
Calming Night Moisturizer
My skin has been incredibly irritated recently. I put it down to my skin not liking my Origins Mega-Mushroom Lotion, as every time I seem to use it my skin becomes itchy and comes out in red spots. Therefore I thought I would stop using it and try a nice, gentle, calming night cream to help sooth my skin before bed.
I haven’t ever come across the brand Yes To… before, mainly because its an American brand, and therefore is only available online. However it’s very natural and aimed at sensitive skin. Therefore I thought I would give it a go.

The website says; “Yes To Cucumbers Calming Night Cream is perfect for those looking for a dermatologist-tested formula to wear overnight that delivers a gentle, hypoallergenic moisture. This lightweight cream combines relaxation-inducing ingredients like Chamomile and Aloe to help relax and calm your senses. Grapeseed Oil is an anti-oxidant rich emollient to help repair and moisturize skin while you sleep. Sweet Almond Oil provides hydration, and Cucumbers provide a gentle, calming, silky-smooth finish to skin. You'll wake up with skin that feels soft, pure, and calm.”

It comes in an easy to use bottle that uses a pump to dispense the cream. Its very basic packaging however, there is something about it that I find really refreshing because it’s not all fancy. The first time I use it, I tried using a whole pump, however it was way too much, and I found using a little at a time for each area of my face was much easier way to apply it. The smell is quite strong, and isn’t particularly nice, however I don’t really mind, its just the natural smell from the ingredients. I would prefer this then a nice smelling cream that’s got lots of fragrances in it, and includes lots of added ingredients that aren’t necessary.

In my opinion this cream is amazing! I use this every night, and every morning my skin looks healthy, happy and a lot less irritated. It helps reduce the red slightly, however I have a lot of red in my skin anyway, and products aimed at redness not even help it completely. However, my skin isn’t itchy, irritated and hasn’t broken out from using this. I think it’s a really lovely cream, its not thick and heavy, but its not too thin that it doesn’t feel its working. It does however leave a slight film over the skin, however I find this fades the longer I wear it so I just assume this is the skin drinking it in. I do find however, when I’ve used a clay mask, or my skin looks really dry this doesn’t happen, therefore I think its to do with how dry your skin is, to how long it takes to soak in.

If you have really sensitive skin, I would really think of giving this a go. I’m currently using The Body Shop’s Aloe Vera day cream, however I’m very tempted to try the Say Yes to Cucumbers Day Cream when I have finish it (with one without SPF!).


Have you tried anything by Say Yes to…?

No comments:

Post a Comment