Saturday 1 March 2014

Effaclar Duo +.

La Roche Posay - 
Effaclar Duo +
So, if you’ve been living under a rock you may not have realised that La Roche-Posay have actually gone and improved the formula of their Effaclar Duo. The new Effaclar Duo+ now helps to prevent those awful red marks or dark spots that hang about after the spot itself has cleared. I personally find it’s the scarring or dark marks that actually annoys me more – they can take to disappear and are actually more noticeable than the original blemish. The new Duo contains a new active ingredient that super-sizes the effects of the product, soothing the skin to diffuse inflammation and, as they word it in the press material, “accelerating the skin’s return to integrity”. An all-in-one spot solution that helps to prevent spots, doing a bit of damage control if they do happen to appear and now helping to clean-up and help stop dark spots forming.
It’s as simple to use as before – just apply it to affected areas after cleansing. The new Duo can be used with or without moisturiser over the top. I personally prefer to use it under a moisturiser just so that it doesn’t dry my skin out. Also the improved formula is apparently even more suitable for all-over application, but as always it’s down to individual needs. I know that some people felt that Duo was too much for their skin used over larger areas, so feel free to test it on smaller, more targeted areas first if you don’t need to treat your whole face.
Now I know with most people, when they hear spot treatment, they expect it to clear up their skin straight away and totally unclog their pores. HOWEVER, unfortunately that’s not always the case. Most of the time the products that are unclogging the pores actually cause spots, that’s due to them bringing all the clogging agents to the top, forming spots but unclogging your pores in time. Currently I’m using this both morning and night, helping my skin get used to it. I’m not yet sure when my skin starts to be a bit better if I’m going to just use it at night, or carry on using it both morning and night. So far my skin looks a little better, but only time will tell. I will keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment