Sunday 5 January 2014

Nail Must-Haves.

My nails are currently the best I have ever seen them. Their longish, strong and healthy looking, which is exactly what, I want my nails to be. There are a few products I really swear by to help keep my nails in good condition, and also keep my manicure (when I decided to paint my nails) looking fresh and fantastic. 

butterLondon Horsepower Nail Fertilizer
'This nail rejuvenator is one of our ALL TIME favourite products! Formulated with an herbal ingredient called 'Horsetail' that has been shown to strengthen and repair nails. When used properly, the results are really quite staggering! Apply one coat every day for 7 days, then remove and begin again. Use for one month. Horse Power Nail Fertilizer can be used as both a basecoat & topcoat.'
I totally swear by this nail strengthener. Its beyond incredible! When I wear nail polish for a while my nails become really quite weak, however a week with this miracle worker and their strong, healthy and incredible all over again. I know a lot of strengtheners state that in a couple of days they will help your nails to grow, and as someone who has tested this claim many times, I have to say this truly does stand 100% by this claim. My nails are incredible after using it once every day for a week, its unreal how strong they've become in such a short amount of time. At £17, I know its not the most cheapest nail treatment on the market, however the bottle is 17.5ml, which is larger then most other treatments and it truly will last you a long time. If you have trouble with your nails being weak, peeling or you just want a treatment to help keep your nails in top shape, then you definitely need to invest in this. You won't regret it.

butterLondon Holiday Handbag Cuticle Oil
'Coconut and Pineapple scented cuticle oil that will have you dreaming of your last holiday, as it heals and nourishes your cuticles.'
I’ve always loved using cuticle oil or balms. However I tend to swap and change a lot because I haven’t ever found one that is perfect, they either leak, run out too fast or just don’t do anything wow enough for me. However, due to recently falling in love with a lot of butterLondon products I thought I would try this. This is truly amazing. This has really helped make and keep my nails healthy and strong. It smells amazing, like coconut and pineapples, which reminds me so much of going on holiday and topical cocktails. Its mineral oil free and free from any other unnecessary nasties, which is fantastic. The brush is easy to use and makes putting a drop of oil on each nail super easy. You then simply just massage it into your nails and cuticles and it soaks in pretty much straight away. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a new cuticle oil or for anyone who hasn’t ever tried using one.

butterLondon Polish in Disco Biscuit
'A tropical hot-pink jelly with an undercurrent of tiny iridescent glitter particles.'
Disco Biscuit is a bright pink jelly packed with purple micro glitter. Lets face it, mostly wanted this for name reasons but it turns out that it's a gorgeous polish too! The glitter sparkles like crazy in the sun and is nice and visible inside and in low light also! Formula wise this beauty is a jelly! If worn alone it takes a good 4 coats to built it up, however I find it works amazingly layered over a hot pink shade. I find this is one of the longest lasting nail polishes I own, it very rarely chips which is amazing. One thing to not is that when this dries it is fairly dull, therefore it needs a good topcoat, but trust it definitely shines ones the topcoats on.

butterLondon Polish in Petrol Overcoat
'Sheer, tornate overcoat. Brush on top of any butter LONDON lacquer to transform the shade, or use alone. The opalescent sheen of oil reflected in rain.'
Petrol Overcoat is a shimmery turquoise to purple shifting "overcoat," meaning that it's sheer enough to wear over another colour yet opaque enough to build up on its own. I actually really like wearing this on its own, as it becomes opaque in just 3 coats, and application is just flawless. I think it would be really good over other darker colours such as deep blue or purple, bringing out those elements of the polish. I keep meaning to try this over black, however I’m worried that it may loose some depth to the polish. Never the less this truly does look like petrol in water and is just an incredible and utterly unique polish. One thing to note is that its rather thin, therefore if your used to quite thick polishes this may take a little getting used to, but will definitely be worth it.

Mavala Nail Polish Thinner
'A few drops of Mavala Thinner will restore thickened nail polish to its correct consistency making it easier to apply in thin coats: two to three fine coats will last longer rather than a thick coat of nail polish that will flake or peel within a couple of days.'
Before this I had never had any experience with nail polish thinners before, and until recently I hadn’t thought of buying one. I used to just throw away polishes once they went horrible and gloopy and repurchase them if I liked the colour enough. However, my nail polish collection is grown and this means I don’t always get to use them all the often, therefore they tend to go gloopy much more quickly. Therefore instead of just throwing them away I decided it was time to test out nail polish thinners…and I’m so glad I chose this one. You simply take any gloopy polish and add two or three drops of thinner, give it a good shake and leave to settle. I tend to this before I do my base coat, this means its all settled by the time I’m ready to use it. It works wonders for a gloopy polish and even those that are just a tiny bit too thick, one drop will make it easier to apply. It doesn’t affect the formula or colour of the polish at all; it just makes it much easier to apply. This is truly a godsend and a must have; it gives gloopy polishes a whole new life!

These 5 products are literally going to stay life long staples in my nail collection forever. 
They're amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment