Friday 24 January 2014

The F80.

Sigma -
F80 Flat Kabuki Brush
The website states; ‘The F80 is one of the SigmaX High Definition face brushes made with Sigma's synthetic HD filament. The flat top kabuki brush from Sigma has a black handle and tightly packed dense head. The flat surface of the brush allows you buff products to achieve a flawless finish. Perfect for applying and blending liquid and powder products.’

So I've been eyeing Sigma brushes forever! Not only are they cruelty free, but they get rave reviews from most beauty gurus. I was a bit skeptic ordering it online because I know there are a lot of fakes around, therefore I made sure I did a lot of research about reliable sellers.
Although they state that the brush is ideal for flat surfaces (i.e. cheeks, forehead), I have absolutely no problems with the application of the foundation on the rounder and softer areas such as the eyes, so truthfully this brush does a perfect job for a full foundation routine. I use it in a tapping motion then buff it in, so I squeeze a bit of foundation on the top of my hand, and then lightly tap the brush into the foundation. Don't be fooled, you're not going to see loads of foundation on the brush (if any), but trust me; it picks up just the right amount.  I then gently tap and press the foundations into my skin, then buff it in all over just to make sure it helps disguise my pores better. This method also saves you from using too much foundation and giving excellent coverage. 

One of the things I absolutely adore about this brush, apart from it being so gentle on my face, is that the bristles are extremely dense.  So what does that mean you may ask lovely reader?  In simple terms, the brush won't soak up any unnecessary liquid; therefore you won't waste foundation as you would with ordinary brushes or sponges. 

Out of all the foundation brushes I have tried, this is a winner and I give it top marks!  Now I'm onto saving for my next Sigma brush, I have to admit that I'm now quite the addict of their brushes, and although definitely not necessary, would love to invest in the other ones. For the price, I think it’s quite cheap because it’s really a great product! Compared to the MAC brushes in price range, mostly Sigma brushes are more affordable and better in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment