Saturday 11 January 2014

Stylfile.

Stylfile -
S-File and S-Buffer
Tom Pellereau, the creator of the Stylfile collection, explains how one day he was watching his sister file her nails and he instantly came up with the idea of a curved file. 
The S-file is designed to follow the natural shape of the nail, making it much more easy to control and use. One side has a surface to shape the nail, and the other has a softer surface to smooth over them and with a specially selected abrasive finish, the S-file is supposed to last for 12 months. Now as someone that files their nails quite a lot when I changed to this from a standard straight nail file, however I could see that it gave the nails a more curved shape. So far I have found that the Stylfile does what it says on the tin – it’s has an effective filing surface which is not too tough and damaging on my nails but still enables me to shape my nails with minimal effort. The S shape of the file takes a little getting used to! At first it feels very strange filing with a curved surface but after a while you get used to it and I now find that it does offer a more logical way of filing my nails. You can really get a good rhythm with the curved surface rocking over the nails, the momentum making the effort small whereas a normal straight file can take more effort as you keep having to adjust the angle to better match the natural shape of the nails. However, sadly my problem is that not everyone wants rounded off nails and sometimes if you break a nail you just want to file down that side, which can be done with the S-File, but it isn't as natural as just using a standard nail file.
The second product in the range is the 4-step S-buffer. I love the glossy shine a buffer creates on the nail almost giving the impression you're wearing a clear coat of polish. This is a similar design to the file in the way that it's shape follows the natural nail bed curve, much easier to work with than the regular buffing blocks which usually leave me with hand cramp! I really like this buffer, maybe more then the file. It's much easier to use and I think the results are slightly better then my other conventional 4 way buffing block.

I really like these, I don't know if I will repurchase the s-file however I think I would definitely repurchase the s-buffer. 
Have you tried these, what are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment