Wednesday 15 January 2014

Becca.

Becca -
Compact Concealer


Recently I have been on a mission to find a full coverage concealer. I don’t want to use it for my under eyes, just to cover spots and imperfections. So, I was recommended to try out Becca's concealer, however when researching it, I was completely put off by the price (how I came to own it will be explained later). I've never tried anything from Becca before, so I excited to give it a go. It turns out Becca Compact Concealer is everything I was looking for. 

Their website states - ‘A true innovation in concealer technology. BECCA's Compact Concealer cleverly contains two highly pigmented formulations within one slim compact - Extra-cover and Medium-cover. Enabling layering and mixing, this ingenious product provides total camouflage for almost any skin problem including blemishes, scars, birthmarks and under eye circles.’

Becca Compact Concealer comes in a huge variety of shades (34 to be exact) to match all skin-tones - from very fair to deep dark. I've never seen so many shades - especially for a concealer, so there shouldn't be too many problems finding your perfect shade. Becca Compact Concealer consists of two concealers - one is called the "extra cover" and one is called the "medium cover". The idea is to create the amount of coverage you'd like - by layering or using each of them on different areas of the face. I personally like using both for spots. I tend to find I apply the ‘medium coverage’ first, and then if I think I need a bit more, I add a thin layer of the ‘full coverage’. The consistency of the "extra-cover" concealer is slightly drier, so it's very ideal for spots, as it's not going to budge/fade.

I have the shade Sherbet, which is a duo of two fair shades. They're almost identical, except one of them is slightly peachier. It's a pretty nice match if you're around the MAC NC15 colouring.
It has a fairly matte finish, it still looks really natural. I like using a small concealer brush for precise application (and to lessen waste of any product). I'll lightly apply the concealer to the blemish completely covering it, and then with a fluffier brush (such as a blending brush) I'll lightly (with no pressure) blend out the edges so the concealer blends in with my skin.
The coverage is great.
It completely covered my spots.
The lasting power is very good.
By the end of the day it's all still in tact.

Now the not so good bit! This little concealer holds only 3g of product, and it retails for £30. Which I think is just…heart stopping! However, I came across this in an Xtras store randomly one day when I went in with my friend. It was my first trip into Xtras, and for those who don’t know what Xtras is, well it basically a make up store that sells products for less, mainly because most of the shades of thier branded stuff is really dark, and everything else is usually unbranded. However, my friend loves the unbranded stuff.
Whilst wondering around I saw a little collection of Becca cosmetics, and my exact words were ‘shut up they don’t sell Becca in here!’. The women then told me that they did, however the products were for darker skin tone. Just to pass a few minutes I decided to rummage though their Becca stuff, just on the off chance, and little old me found this concealer in my perfect shade. Not only did the assistant look annoyed that she hadn’t found it earlier, but I got it for a measly £7! Which I personally think is just AMAZING!
So.
Would I repurchase it? Yes, definitely.

Would I pay the full £30? Not a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment