Sunday 10 June 2012

Pink Sparkle.

Shu Uemura Rouge Unlimited Supreme Shine Lipstick -

S/S PK337


First, let me just say, this is my new favourite day time lipstick.
I have never tried any Shu Uemura products before, until this and also my new lip balm from them...the review can be found here. Now the shades of these are really rather confusing. The S/S counts for spring/summer, this means they are somewhat limited edition, I say somewhat because I'm not 100% sure if the shades within the spring/summer collection, are going to stay indefinitely within the everyday collection. The PK is rather obvious, it refers to the colours, for example pinkBG means beige, RD means red etc. The numbers are the different shades within that colour group, they do have names, for example this one is, according to the website, called baby pink. However when I went into store to ask for it by this name, the assistant looked rather confused, therefore I find it easier to refer to them by the number rather then the name on the website.

Now on to the lipstick itself. When I first tried this on in the shop, there was instant gratification as soon as the assistant allowed me to glide it onto my lips, its simply incredible and the delicate formula creates a smooth veil on the lips. It glides on so easily, delivering an incredible high shine and vibrant pure colour. Its enriched with ultra-shine oils and Shu Uemuras signature hybrid pigment, therefore it creates a fusion of watery, dewy shine with a rich colour. The colour itself is a baby pink, semi-opaque colour, with very fine particles of shimmer which gives a beautiful wet look, without it look frosty. Its incredibly hydrating and has a soft balmy texture, which is perfect for both a daytime lipstick and also for the summer months.
The case is rather simple, you're either going to love it or hate it. Personally I think its really quite cute, ever so simple and maybe slightly basic in comparison to the incredibly stunning packaging of my Dior Addict lipsticks, however it does the job. The clear lid however, really does help to keep my draw organised, and also allows me to see exactly which colour I want, just from looking at it, instead of having to pick them all out the read the name on the base.

Overall this is a really stunning lipstick, I think the quality is really fantastic and lasts such a long time on the lips. They retail for £20, which I suppose isn't that bad for a high-end lipstick and is slightly cheaper then a Chanel or Dior alternative. Definitely a good day time lipstick, due to it being really hydrating and feeling really light on the lips. The only down side to Shu Uemura products is that for me there really hard to find, they're counters are really specifically placed and the closest one to me is an hours drive away, which is somewhat of a let down. However, I will definitely be give the counter another look over when I next see one, which hopefully will be soon.

Have you tried any of the Shu Uemura Rouge Unlimited Supreme Shine Lipsticks, if so which is your favourite?

No comments:

Post a Comment