Monday 4 June 2012

"Paris Is Always A Good Idea"

Dior Addict Spectacular Shine Lipstick -

Paris


Firstly, I would like to say the quote above is from Audrey Hepburn, I thought it was a really good quote for this review.
Now, whilst in Manchester I picked up another Dior Addict Spectacular Shine Lipstick. My boyfriend had bought me one as a present when he went away earlier in the year, and I wanted another one which was slightly more pink. Over time I couldn't help but look at the Dior stand in my local Debenhams and that was when I first saw Paris aka 762. Its pretty much the same as my other one, which is in the shade Baby Rose, therefore if you want a more in depth review of this lipstick go here, and read the one review I did on Baby Rose.

The lipstick itself is a sheer pink, with a slight blue undertone, with some serious sparkle. Its amazing. In my opinion its really easy to wear, and the sparkle helps make the lipstick look so expensive and really stunning when on. It isn't as high-shine as the baby rose one I have, however its still really shiny and therefore there is no need for a lip gloss over the top, unless however you want some serious high-shine. The texture of this lipstick is simply divine, its creamy and moisturising on the lips, the perfect summer lipstick. This is simply down the to new and improved formula, which is 25% less wax, it uses instead and extraordinary reflective gel, which results in intense plumping hydration and a magnificent glass effect.

The case it comes in for me what really tops off this lipstick. Its fashionably stream line and changes colour, a some what rainbow effect as the light catches it, this can be seen on the first picture. This makes it look so high end and really expensive (which to be fair it is), I get questioned all the time about what lipstick it is as soon as pull it out of my handbag, and everyone is so impressed with both the colour pay off and the impeccable shine it provides.

Overall, I really love this lipstick. I don't think its my favourite out of the two because at heart I'm still more a baby pink girl, however it is unquestionably stunning and looks lovely on. I would use this more so at night, keeping the rest of my make up rather natural and focusing on my lips, however the sparkle still makes it look classy and very girly. These retail at £24 each, and even though they are really expensive, in my opinion they are really worth it. 

Have you ever tried one of Dior's Lipsticks, if so which is your favourite?

No comments:

Post a Comment