Saturday 23 June 2012

Vintage Minnie.

OPI - 

Vintage Minnie Mouse Collection




This collection brings us 4 new polishes, all pink or red. Usually I wouldn't be excited about a collection like that but it's inspired by Minnie Mouse so I am an instant fan!

OPI states: "Created in honor of Disney’s beloved character, the colours encapsulate Minnie Mouse’s irresistible charm in playful, pretty shades of pink and red. This collection brings together the expertise of OPI and the iconic style of Minnie Mouse to inspire the distinct palette of vibrant, feminine shades for summer Nails will pop against summer skin in these classic, saturated hues – holding their own alongside the bold prints of the season."
Many people will look at these shades and think how very original they are, and are not really that spectacular, however I'm not one of those people, and I really love all the shade. Due to me living in the UK, the release data's are slightly behind as this collection has already been released in the USA, and also on a few UK beauty websites such as BeautyBay.com. As I haven't got an account with them, and also because I go away tomorrow, I thought I would wait for the Minnie Mouse Mini Collection to be released on HQHair.com, hopefully not long after I come home.
Firstly, I must highlight these images I have borrowed from Google, however specifically the swatches image, I really think it highlight how stunning the shades in this collection are! Therefore lets get onto the shades themselves.

Its made up of four shades; two pinks, a red and a sort of glitter topcoat which has little hearts within it. I will work from left to right in accordance with the swatch image;
- The first is called "I'm all ears", this is my favourite out of them all, a raspberry jelly packed with magenta, silver and fuchsia glass flecks. This is such a lovely polish!
- Secondly is "If you moust you moust", this is a medium pink creme, it's a pretty and sweet shade of pink that is very pigmented and very feminine, the ultimate bubblegum pink.
- Thirdly is "The colour of minnie", this is a cool-toned rich red with fine shimmer. I love this red! Such a rich colour with awesome pigmentation! It supposedly applies like butter - really easily and smoothly. The shade remind me of Wocka Wocka!
- Lastly is "Nothin' mousie 'bout it" this is a very unusual pink heart glitter in a clear base with blue and orange glass flecks. I'm not a big fan of confetti glitter, because form reviews the application is somewhat of a struggle. One review stated "I basically applied the first layer covering the nail with glass flecks and sometimes one heart glitter, then I had to 'fish out' additional heart glitters and place them on the nail." For me this just seems like just too much of a trouble/messing around for the pay off it provides.

Overall, I really cant wait to get my hands on this collection. Its incredible, however I must mention, the mini collection doesn't come with a "Nothin' mousie 'bout it" polish, instead it comes with a "RapiDry Top Coat" which I actually think is in fact a bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment