Wednesday 6 June 2012

Perfectly Purple.

Urban Decay Eyeshadow -

Flash & Psychedelic Sister


I have the Urban Decay Naked Pallet, which is a collection of neutral eye shadows, they are both incredibly pretty and also impeccable quality. I use the pallet nearly every day and it never fails to create the most stunning effects. However even though I really love natural shades, I thought it was about time I bought some which were more colourful, with it being summer and all. Purple is one of those colours which when applied correctly, really makes my bright blue eyes stand out and look unmissable. Therefore I decided due to the Naked Pallet fending so well, I would turn to Urban Decay to buy some more stunning eye shadows, however individual shadows instead of a pallet. After testing out so many beautiful purple eye shadows, I chose Flash and Psychedelic Sister. The main reason I purchased two purples, was down to the fact I think purple smokey eyes are simples stunning, and therefore these are two shades which I think make the perfect smokey eye when mixed together.
Flash is a bright iridescent purple, whereas Psychedelic Sister is a deep amethyst shade, both really stunning and so very different to any other purple eye shadows I've seen before. On the photo to the right were I have swatched them on my hand, Flash is the left one, the right is Psychedelic Sister. The main reason for this is down to them both being shimmer eye shadows, this means they are luminously sheer however with no glitter, which gives them this incredible finish. The texture is velvety smooth and the colours are highly pigmented and rich, which means they provide incredible colour and are both insanely long lasting but also crease free. Applying both shades is really easy, they apply like a dream and blend beautifully, giving you the most show stopping end result.
These are the new formula eye shadows from Urban Decay, the colours available are exactly the same as before however the colours are a little more intense and in my opinion they last longer. I do own one of the old Urban Decay eye shadows and I found it faded really fast, however these stay fresh and fade-free pretty much all day. The main difference people will notice is the packaging. Its simply gorgeous, mixing elegant and edgy to create a much high end looking case. Specifically the reason behind this is because you can actually remove the eyeshadow from the pot, and put it in there new "make your own pallet", which allows you to create a pallet of your favourite shades. I'm still undecided about if to purchase the pallet as I don't really travel that much and if I do, then i take my Naked Pallet and maybe one or two single eye shadows.

Overall I really love these eye shadows, the formula is incredible and the colours are nothing I've ever seen before each so different and yet so stunning. They retail for £14, which are rather expensive however you only need a bit on your eyeshadow brush and it spreads over your eyelid like a dream, therefore I can see them lasting me such a long time. I'm definitely going to be purchasing some more of these eye shadows I currently have my eye on SWF, however I'm having real trouble finding it.

Have you tried the new formula Urban Decay eye shadows, what do you think of them in comparison to the old formula?

No comments:

Post a Comment