Thursday 21 June 2012

New Favourite Skincare Brand?

Kiehl's


Until the other day I hadn't even took Kiehl's products into consideration. I'd seen their products in a few stores, but I thought it was going to be over priced American skin care, however I was so very wrong. A month or so ago I handed in a CV and Cover Letter in to the Kiehl's counter at my local House of Fraser, and last Monday I got a call back for an interview. Excited, would be an understatement. Therefore I thought it was time to look into the brand and see what they actually did, and their products. After some serious hard core researching I turns out its actually a really good brand, they sell skin, body and hair care for both men and women, and all their products are organic, which is really cool. Therefore I have been left wanting to try some of their products, however I thought I would tell you all about the brand, purely because I know within the UK it isn't as well know as in other countries. I can promise you, if you have ever seen a Kiehl's concession or shop, and didn't realise, there will have been a skeleton on a bike, or dressed up somewhere on the shop floor, he's the brand mascot, and he's known as...Mr Bone!

OK. Kiehl's was founded in New York in 1851, it was originally an old-world apothecary. It's extensive experience has resulted in a very unique blend of cosmetic, pharmaceutical, herbal and medical knowledge developed over many generations. They are highly dedicated to providing customers with quality skin and hair care products, based on the most advanced science and unique, natural ingredients.
All their products have the most natural ingredients, which are chosen specifically for their beneficial qualities. They focus on using naturally derived ingredients and use minimal preservatives, just enough to give their products shelf life, and they aim to offer highly effective products at the most affordable prices.




Overall, there products are all really natural! The website is fantastic, it gives you all the ingredients and also explains exactly why their in the product and what benefits they have, which really allows you to understand what your putting on your skin or hair. In comparison to other brands, there products aren't really that expensive, and there is definitely something for everyone!
Personally I have my eye on a few of their products;
- Drawing Paste
- Ultra Facial Oil-Free Toner
- Blue Herbal Gel Cleanser
- Blue Herbal Moisturiser
- Rice and Wheat Volumizing Shampoo and Conditioner
- Creme De Corps (their signature body lotion)

Ps. in regards to the interview at the Kiehl's counter, I got through to the second interview which is an over the phone interview, it should be some time next week! Im really excited as I've been looking for a job for a very long time. Therefore I will let you know what happens after the interview, fingers crossed everyone!

Have you tried any of the Kiehl's products, if so what do you think of them as a brand, and what are your favourite products by them?

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Im interested to know about the details of the over the phone interview! can u share abit more?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Basically, he just asked me a bit about myself, why i wished to work for the company, what i thought i could bring to the company and asked different questions about the products to see if i knew a little about the brand beforehand.
    I was at first really nervous, however it was really casual and really rather relaxed, therefore it meant i could speak calmly and really think about what i was saying.
    Overall it must have work as i got the job :)

    Thank you for reading, i really do recommend that you try the Keihl's products if you haven't already done so, there really rather fantastic.

    ReplyDelete