Saturday 2 June 2012

You Need Water To Make Ice.

MAC -

Water & Ice Mineralized Eyeshadow


This was one of the many little presents from Manchester my boyfriend bought me. As soon as I saw it and swatched it on the back of my hand, I fell in love straight away and knew it needed to be part of my ever growing eyeshadow collection.

The eyeshadow itself is two coordinating shades, which are baked together as one. Water & Ice has an icy blue-tinted silver-grey, with a white shimmer-sheen paired with a pale blue-toned purple with a frosted sheen. Its exceptionally sheer and lightweight so it doesn't become cakey and begin to gather in the crease of your eye lid. The colour pay off is a rather rich, super-fine pearl, which leaves a soft dimensional shimmer on the skin. Both shades definitely compliment each other and personally I have never come across two colours which are quite so pretty. There rather large at 2.2g each, which in comparison to there original ones isn't that bad for such an unique eyeshadow.
I myself, use the light shade across my eyelids and the darker shade in the creases. This for me really creates a beautiful effect, something which really makes my eyes stand out. After reading many reviews about this, it has come to my attention you can use these both wet or dry...I haven't yet had chance to use them wet, however I'm really looking forward to seeing how it works out. For me, these last quite a while on, they don't begin to fade as fast as some other eye shadows I own, however if you have rather greasy eyelids, I would recommend a primer underneath to keep the colour lasting that bit longer. I really like this eyeshadow, MAC's mineralized eye shadows are really the only eye shadows I buy from MAC, due to them being so individual.

This is one of five which they have released, and from what I can gather there only going to be sticking around for about six months, maybe not even that. Therefore its my advice to go and test the shades and if you like them, then to buy them straight away, I cant see them sticking around for long. However, do be careful and look at the colours really carefully, as several of these are reminiscent of Glitter & Ice Mineralize Eye shadows, so you may find that if you have some of those, you don’t need to rush out for these. 

Have you tried any of the new mineralized eye shadows, if so what do you think and which are your favourites?

No comments:

Post a Comment