Friday 15 June 2012

Bronze Goddress.

Dior Bronze Original Tan -

03 Amber Tan


Not that long ago I bought the "Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder". When I first tried it in store I thought it was amazing, the assistant showed me how best to use it and which shade would suite me perfectly. However after I bought it I soon realised it was really rather red, and often it made me look either muddy or just really...red, like I had been out in the sun too much. Its good for contouring, however for an all over glow, its really no good, which for £27 is just basically rather shocking. Looking back, I think I would have purchased the slightly lighter shade.
Now on to my new little gem. As those of you who read my blog often will know, I have a somewhat...slight obsession with Dior products. Therefore, whilst looking for a new bronzer, I wasn't surprised that this came out one of the top bronzers on MakeUpAlley, on a par with NARS Luguna Bronzer; which I will try after this beauty runs out. Now you may be thinking to yourselves, if I love this bronzer so much why swop to the NARS Luguna Bronzer after this one runs out, why not just repurchased it...well unfortunately the sad truth is, there discontinuing it. Why, I have no idea, however I believe its something to do with the New DiorSkin Nude Bronzer they have released, which in mine and many other peoples opinions, is somewhat rather shocking in comparison to this...however that's another story.

So lets go back to focus on this. This is the first bronzer by Dior, or maybe any brand, which enhances both the colour and condition of the skin, recreating a beautiful, luminous "vacation glow" all year round, no matter what the lighting. This stunning little bronzer uses an exclusive sun minerals technology containing mineral pigments, which leaves a radiant, natural looking tanned complexion. I purchased this in "Amber Tan", mainly because this was the colour the assistant matched me up with, and due to me using their DiorSkin Forever Foundation, we were able to match it up with my foundation as well. It has the slightest bit of shimmer to it, as you can see on the up close photo, however you can only really see this on the skin in natural light, and in my opinion I believe it helps make the skin look really healthy and radiant, which I really like. However when inside, in artificial light it appears completely matte, therefore you don't look like a human disco ball, as you do sometimes with other shimmer bronzers...which go a bit over the top with the shimmer.

The compact its totally stunning, it comes with a little protective fabric pouch to keep it safe and saves it from shattering, which I think every brand should do. The powder itself is stamped with Dior's famous carrage quilt, which makes it look so beautiful and high end, you can only smile at its beauty.
Overall, this is the most fabulous bronzer ever, it's silky, smooth and creates a totally flawless finish. It retails for £30, which is rather expensive I suppose in comparison to some other brands, however it is 10g of product, which means its going to last me a very long time. Also Dior is a very luxury brand, it gives such a pretty result therefore I think its completely worth it.

Have you tried this bronzer or the newer model, what do you think, which do you think is best?

No comments:

Post a Comment