Tuesday 3 September 2013

Mini York Haul.

Recently I went to York for my birthday. Shopping wasn't the main focus of going to York, I just wanted to get away with my boyfriend and have a very chilled and relaxed time away. However, whilst I was their I picked up a few things, most of which I have had my eye on for a while.




Firstly I picked up the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel. Not too long back, they gave me a sample of this moisturizing gel (which also comes in a lotion for dry - normal skins) when I baught a face wash and I really enjoyed using it. Therefore, I thought I would pick it up, due to my sample pretty much running out. I chose to get it in the 50ml tube version, rather then the bottle with a pump, mainly because its huge, 125ml to be precise, and because I like to travel a lot, the tube version was just much better. However, if you aren't traveling then the 125ml is much better value!
Website Description - Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel is oil-free and non-comedogenic. It gives you the lightweight hydration without oiliness so your skin feels smoother, softer and more comfortable.

Secondly, I got the butterLondon Horse Power Nail Fertilizer. I've had my eye on this and the brand for a while, because I've read so many rave reviews about it transforming people nails and helping them being so much more stronger and healthier. Ever since I ran out of my Dr Lewinn's Renunail, I haven't really found anything that I particularly like, and even thought I liked the Renunail, it didn't really give the results I was hoping for. Therefore, I thought I would give this butterLondon alternative a try. 
Website Description - This nail rejuvenator is one of our all time favourite products! This product is 3 Free, and uses an herbal ingredient called ‘Horsetail’ (which is a herb...not an actual horses tail) to strengthen and repair nails. When used properly, the results are really quite staggering! Apply one coat every day for 7 days, then remove and begin again. Use for one month. Horse Power Nail Fertilizer can be used as both a basecoat & topcoat.

Next, I thought I would pay my usual visit to Dior, which as you all may know is fatal for my purse. This time I walked away with the DIOR Diorskin Nude; Skin-Perfecting Hydrating Concealer, which is what I believe to be the concealer version to their AMAZING Diorskin Nude BB creme. As soon as I tried this on the back of my hand I was in love with it. It’s so creamy and smooth…but more to come in the in-depth review of this little beauty. Originally, I was going to buy the MAC pro-longwear concealer, however when I tried it…I found it was just wayyyyy too cakey for me.
Website Description - The Diorskin Nude Concealer contains 45% Active Mineralized Water for 6-hour hydrating action. Its lightweight texture, like an eye contour care product, becomes one with the skin without leaving a trace to offer perfect correction and an ultra-natural result.

Lastly, whilst at the Dior counter, I was also going to pick up the DIOR Diorshow Iconic Overcurl Mascara, I've heard so many amazing things about this mascara. However, the woman at the counter asked if I would like a sample sized version to try out first. Which I think is just genius, because mascaras for me are so hit and miss. I did try it out in York when we went out for the night, and the effects were beautiful, however I’m yet to compare it with my beloved L’Oreal False Lash Telescopic Mascara.
Website Description - Bolstered by its backstage expertise, Dior brings you the latest chapter in the DIORSHOW mascara adventure, inspired by the big-screen eyes of movie star icons: ICONIC OVERCURL. Its secrets? An incurved brush, modelled after professional eyelash curlers, which delivers extreme curl and a stretch-effect formula for spectacularly shaped lashes. 

I will make sure to write an in-depth review about each of the products above some time soon. Giving you more detail about the products themselves and about what I think of them once I've given them a good try out.

No comments:

Post a Comment