Friday 20 September 2013

Instant Retouch?

Soap & Glory -
Kickass Instant Retouch Pressed Powder



When I saw this was being released I was unbelievably excited to try it. It promised to perfect your skin, concealing a multitude of flaws in a single sweep, especially focusing on diminishing pores, which is my main focus. The totally translucent powder can be applied before or after makeup and using its vision-tricking Superblur technology and Camouflawge 3D it retouches your face in real time.

I picked this up before the original release date in my local boots a while back, they had been sent in 2 or 3 and I was lucky to get there before the last one had gone. I couldn't wait to get home and try it. Now. I usually find it hard using powders because to my combination skin it tends to sit on the skin and look slightly too powdery for my liking, no matter how little I use or how good I buff it in. I tried this a multitude of ways. 
Firstly underneath foundation. Personally, on its own, with this and no primer, it just doesn't work. My foundation doesn't last in the slightest, and it makes no difference to the appearance of my pores. I then tried it on top of my primer, before my foundation. Even though this did work, its hard to notice if its my primer working or the powder. It however didn't add to the longevity of the foundation. One thing I did think about was using it with a less expensive primer, which maybe isn't as good at covering my pores, for when I'm going to university, instead of using my much more expensive Too Faced primer. Its something I'm planning on trying, to see if it works. There are some good primers on the drugstore market, which work really well at keeping your foundation on for a long time, however they didn't hide my pores as well as I had wanted...for these primers this powder may come in handy. 

Secondly, I tried it on top of my foundation. This is where I get unsure. Some times when I apply it, it works really well, looks utterly flawless and amazing. Other times it looks really powdery and seems to blow my pores up even bigger. I really find it hard trying to figure out if I love or hate this powder because of this. I have tried it on other people and other people have tried it on themselves and they have found the same thing, its very hit or miss. 

I'm not going to lie and say its a miracle powder, because as I said for me it is very hit or miss, and I'm rather disappointed by it. Im determined to find a way to apply this perfectly, however as of yet, I wouldn't repurchase this, purely because of the hit and miss element. Everyones skin is different and therefore some people may really get on well with this and it might work wonders. It retails for £12 from boots, and I think its something if you like Soap & Glory products, or if your a fan or in need of a new powder, then its work a try!

Have you tried this powder? Has it worked wonders for you? 
I would love to hear you tips on how best to apply it!

Update - Today I used this powder on top of my primer and before my Dior BB cream. I used my 'Rimmel Fix and Perfect Pro' primer first, which is amazing at keeping my foundation or BB cream on for a very long time, however it doesn't help cover my rather large pores. As soon as I applied this powder over the top my skin looked pretty much pore-less which is just amazing. I then buffed my BB cream onto and it looked amazing! There was a slightest powdery tint to it, however that may have been due to me adding a little too much...definitely trial and error. Overall this is definitely my favourite way to apply and use this powder. My make up still looked really good after about 5+ hours with just the slightest bit of a touch up, and my pores were only just beginning to appear, which is amazing!
I'm super happy I have found a way to apply this powder. I'm still not sure if I would repurchase it, however I will definitely be using it for those days when a heavy silicon based primer isn't really necessary!

No comments:

Post a Comment