Friday 20 September 2013

GlossyBox September 2013.

I havent ever had a GlossyBox. Every time I think of subscribing, I look around at whats been in them, and they always seem to be rather hit or miss. However, this month it was my birthday, therefore I though I would get a one off box. I actually was pleasantly surprised!
First of all the packaging is just so amazing!

The box included 4 full sized products and one sample sized fragrance. Which I was really happy with…I had visions of it being full of sample sized products, which for me don’t always have enough in them for me to really decided whether I like them or not.

The first thing that took my eye was the Elizabeth Arden Untold (5ml) fragrance sample. I really loved that it was actually a little very pretty bottle, rather then a vial. Fragrance for me is something that is really individual to each person. Therefore I didn’t really want to receive a fragrance within the box, however this is a decent size and I actually really like it. It’s a mix of floral and fruit and is something I wouldn’t usually stop and smell in store. I might not buy the full sized version, however I will definitely be putting it in my bag and using it. Also to note, its not a spray, it’s the good old-fashioned little hole in the bottle that you tip up slightly (not very technical I know but I don’t really know what to call it…sorry). I didn’t actually know this, and nearly got covered in it all. 
Next up are the Eylure Pre-Glued Lashes (£5.06). I’m actually really excited to try these out. I’ve really wanted to try false lashes, however I never really knew how to apply them and the glue worried me slightly. Therefore the fact these are already glued definitely makes me more excited to try them…and I never knew these were even available (revelation). The style is really pretty, not too over the top, but enough to give you that dramatic eye look. Really happy with these…no mess, no fuss and no waiting around…very happy!

Toni & Guy is something I’ve always looked at in my local boots. I’ve tried their blonde shampoo and conditioner, and I really liked it, leading me to want to try more of their products. Therefore receiving their Classic Shine & Gloss Serum (£7.19) was amazing. The packaging is really pretty; it’s part of their limited edition Hair Meets Wardrobe design that I really love. This serum is meant to control frizz with lightweight shine, as someone who loves serums this was really up my street. I tried it as soon as it arrived and really loved it. It gives such a high shine, healthy look and feel to the hair, without it feeling or looking greasy or weighed down.

Something I wasn’t disappointed to see, but wasn’t thrilled with was the Be A Bombshell Cosmetics Eyeliner in Onyx ($14). I don’t really wear eyeliner because to be fair I really cant apply it, if it had a thinner tip or was kohl then I may have found some use for it. However, this is a really thick, marker like eyeliner, which even though you can apply it thinly with the very tip of the pen, I just couldn’t use it, it just ended up a big mess. The liquid formula seems really nice if you can apply and really like eyeliner, however as someone who hasn’t really used that many eyeliners, let alone liquid eyeliners I cant really judge on if this is good or not. However, my friend who is an eyeliner lover has adopted it and she really loves it, and she’s tried them all, so that should give you some idea about it!

Last up is something I would never have expected to see in my box, and which got me rather excited, and that’s the HD Brows Blusher 2 (17.95). I haven’t used anything by HD Brows, and I didn’t even know they did blushers so this was a really nice surprise. The packaging is amazing, personally I would have preferred a round brush rather then a sponge, because I don’t really apply blusher with a sponge, but its something I will try, but never the less the packaging is very luxurious and well made. The blush itself, looks fairly bright in the pan, but actually when applied it’s a very pretty burnt rose colour with a slight golden shimmer. I sometimes do apply this a bit too heavy, but I just use my foundation brush to blend it into my skin and make it look more natural. It’s a lovely blusher, and its something I wouldn’t have bought myself, however it gives a beautiful naturally flushed glow to the skin. It lasted fairly well on the skin, it did begin to fade after a couple of hours, however it appeared to fade naturally, it didn’t slide or patch.

Overall, I’m really impressed with this September GlossyBox, the overall cost not including the sample fragrance and transferring $ into £ was around £37 which is really amazing. When they asked you to fill in a questioner at the beginning to let them know what you like, disliked, skin colour, type etc. and what you would most like to see in your box. I was worried this wouldn’t be taken into account, however they really seemed to use this and send me products I could really use and try. Would I subscribe fully…I’m very tempted.
VERY IMPRESSED GLOSSYBOX TEAM!

You can find GlossyBox here: www.glossybox.co.uk and its £10 per month plus postage and packaging. 

No comments:

Post a Comment