Thursday 12 June 2014

Nail Envy.

OPI –
Nail Envy Original Nail Strengthener

I've heard so many bloggers rave about the O.P.I nail envy nail strengthener but as much as I try to avoid being a sheep this was on sale, so I'm adding to the hype!
I always use some type of nail treatment as a base coat and I must admit that I never really notice a difference with these products because I assume that naturally are just really weak from acrylics. BUT...with this I must say there was a noticeable difference. When I'd had it on for a couple of weeks under various other nail polishes and then removed it my nails were literally ROCK HARD (like, you cannot bend them at all) I'd go as far to say that it would be quite a challenge to break one (not that I'm going to try). 
The consistency is quite runny when you apply it so try to scrape a little bit off the brush beforehand or you'll end up with it all over your fingers. It also does take a few minutes to dry so if you use it as a base coat like me then I would advise leaving your nails a while to ensure its dry before applying a colour. I have experienced quite a bit of streaking over the past couple of weeks when using this so I need to investigate further into whether it is this causing it or the polishes I'm using, maybe I'll try applying a base coat over the top of this as well.
I’ll be honest, I’m not sure I would pay £18.75 for this, however whilst ever BeautyBay have it on sale for £12, I think I will carry on buying it. On the other hand, I might try the sensitive one as my nails have more of a tendency to peel.

Have you tried any of the OPI Nail Envy products?

No comments:

Post a Comment