Sunday 6 April 2014

Lip Battle.

So. Two of my favourite brands have just released two amazing lip products. Both of them have been incredibly hyped up, but from what I've read they're definitely living up to the hype. I'm only wanting to choose one, however I have a feeling I'm going to end up getting one of each...let me know your thoughts.

ROUND 1: Dior Addict Fluid Stick
'Dior Addict Fluid Stick enables a flawless application in a single sweep: the high-impact colour and long wear of a classic lipstick, combined with the shine of a gloss, all in a thin film that delivers sensational comfort. Colour and shine come together as one for maximum impact with intense, longwearing lip stain pigments directly encapsulated in spheres of gloss.'
Ever since I heard these were being released I’ve been counting down the days till they come in store for me to try out. As of yet I haven’t been able to go to my local Debenhams and swatch them all out yet, but my boyfriend nipped in the other day to pick up his suit and he nipped passed and he says they look pretty amazing (well trained or what!). So now I really want to go try them! The colours seem amazing, they seem to have something from everyone whether you love nudes, pinks, reds or deep purple wine colours. From the swatches online they looks amazing; the colour pigment looks incredible and the shine on them is just mesmerising, not to mention the fact their meant to stain the lips, which makes them perfect for them long nights out.

ROUND 2: Lancôme Lip Lover
Lip Lover is our first all-in-one lip perfector. Its hybrid formula gives the comfort of a balm, the eye-catching colour of a lipstick and the enhancing shine of a gloss. All it takes is a stroke from one corner to the other and back to apply just the right amount your chosen Lip Lover shade. The arrow tip can also be used to perfect the corners and define the contours. Your lips' new best friend, Lip Lover leaves lips utterly kissable.
This is just one of those all rounder lip products that is just amazing for all occasions. I love Gloss in Love, which is the lipgloss sister to this, but when I tried this in store I just fell in love. Its like the ultimate lip product, its hydrating, it gives soft lip colour and the creamy sheen of gloss is amazing. It felt super balmy on the lips and you could really feel your lips becoming more hydrated. There are 18 shades of pink range from icy baby pink, nudes, bright pinks, coral pinks, fuchsia and purple based pinks. Something for all tastes and skin tones.


I know this and the Dior Addict Fluid Stick seems very similar, however a girl can never have enough lip products…can she? 
I definitely think this Lancôme one is more for daytime use, due to its balmy moisturizing properties, whereas the Dior one is more of a nighttime lipstick/stain/gloss. It’s also important to note there is quite a big price difference between the two. The Lancôme Lip Lover retails for £18, whereas the Dior Fluid Sticks are a whopping £26. 

Which do you think wins the battle?

No comments:

Post a Comment