Saturday 12 April 2014

Mini Haul.

Recently I went shopping. Nothing major, just a little nosey around Sheffield City Centre. I picked up a few things, some new and some repurchases (as you know if I repurchase a product it means its something special). So i thought I would show you a few of the things I bought. 

My first stop was The Body Shop. I'm currently really liking The Body Shop products, their really making my skin happy and I'm not getting as many spots as I would normally, which is a great thing. The main reason I went in was to repurchase their Seaweed Clarifying Toner, I wasn't too sure I would like this when I first bought it, mainly because I was worried it would be a little too much for my skin. However, its alcohol free and my skin seems to be really liking it. I use it morning and night and it really helps to remove any cleanser I haven't washed off properly or any pesky make up thats still remaining on my skin. I also find it really refreshes and cleanses without stripping or overly drying out my skin. I also picked up this toner in a miniature, its really great for taking traveling or when I'm going away for the night/weekend. Whilst there I thought I would also repurchase their Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter, I did originally just use this on its own as my face cleanser, however I didn't always feel it did enough for my skin. Therefore I just use it to remove my makeup (which it does amazingly) and then wash my face with my Cetaphil Cleanser which I'm really loving. The new thing I picked up whilst browsing around the store (bad idea), was the Seaweed Day Cream, which is what I originally wanted a few months ago, however due to not being able to find it online or in-store I bought the Aloe Day Cream instead. I do really like the Aloe Day Cream, however sometimes I find it a little too heavy, especially if its really warm outside. Therefore I thought I would buy this whilst it was in stock and give it a go. Its got so many rave reviews online and its aimed to Matte the oily areas of the skin, however moisturise those areas which are dry, which sounds perfect for my skin. I still think I'm going to carry on using my Aloe Day Cream on those day where it looks really cold outside, when my skins really quite dry, or on those days I'm not leaving the house and having a makeup free day just to keep it really calm and moisturised. 

My second stop was to Superdrug, somewhere I don't always go. However, I had heard about the new Bourjois Instant Dry Nails drops, and I was incredibly intrigued to try them, and their not yet released in Boots. Its basically aimed to help your manicure dry faster without distorting or weakening the topcoat of your polish. The bottle says one drop on each nail and your polish dries twice as fast, which is pretty good. Also recently I'm having trouble  with my top coat of choice taking ages to dry, so I thought it would be a really good time to try this little product out. Whilst at the Bourjois stand I thought I would also repurchase their Magic Nail Polish Remover. My last bottle completely died due to the black foam on the inside ripping away due to using it to take off glitter polish. I have definitely learned from my mistake and will be using foils to take my glitter polish off first and then just using this to get rid of any remaining polish. I had so much left in the last one, it was just so messy to use due to bits of the foam coming off all over my fingers. Seriously anyone who wears nail polish needs to go out and buy this, its definitely a life changer. I can't wait for the new one to be released which allows you to remove your toenail polish as well, without disturbing your already perfect nail manicure. 

Lastly, I nipped to the Toni&Guy salon to pick up my Label.M Large Round Brush which I ordered. I had hoped it would come with my amazing Redken Guts 10 (amazing product, you should really read my review on it here) as I ordered them at the same time, but there was a problem with stock, so it came a week later. Its made of both Nylon and Bore bristles which are really good for your hair, Bore bristles really help keep your hair healthy and shiny. I haven't used this brush yet, so I have high hopes. 

All the new products I've bought I'm hoping to write individual reviews on when I've tested them out.

Have you bought anything recently which I should really give a try?

No comments:

Post a Comment