Friday 27 December 2013

Gel Wrap System.

Eye Candy London –
Gel Wrap System

I love painting my nails. I always feel totally bare when I haven’t got anything at all on my nails; therefore I always have at the least a strengthening polish on to give them a bit of strength and shine. However, one of my key issues I have is keeping coloured polish on for more then three days. I have a big issue with if one chips, then they all have to come off and I have to start again. Mainly because if one chips and I’m stuck in a boring seminar, then I end up peeling and picking the rest off. Therefore I’ve been on a mission to find something to keep my polish from chipping as fast, before I end up resorting to just buying a Red Carpet Manicure Kit, which is basically a gel polish at home kit.

Whilst wondering through Boots I came across this little gel wrap system. It’s made up of a base and topcoat, which basically is meat to act like a gel topcoat, but without the UV light and meant to work with any polish. Allowing you manicure to last longer without chipping, peeling or lifting. After a lot of thinking about whether it was worth it or not, I decided to give in and give it a go.
Now. I’m not usually someone who writes posts about products I don’t like. This is no different, I don’t dislike it, but it doesn’t do as I had hoped. I read reviews whilst walking round boots before buying this and loads of people were saying how it was amazing and how it kept their polish on for 7days +. Unfortunately for me, it didn’t work as well. I’m not saying that these people are wrong or not telling the truth, but for me I just didn’t get this result. It kept my polish on for a little longer then normal, but I didn’t make it to a week, which was pretty disheartening. I don’t really know why it didn’t last very long, but it didn’t. If anyone can give me ideas on how I might be going wrong with applying this then please comment below because I really would love for this to work.

However, on the plus side, it does make my nails super shiny and applies like a dream, but I wouldn’t repurchase it because this wasn’t what I bought it for. I purchased it to keep my nails polish on longer, and it didn’t really work. I’m planning on trying it again, but my hopes aren’t very high. If you want to try this for yourself you can pick it up from most Boots, for about £11. If you do try it or have tried it then please let me know your thoughts on it.

Does any one have any suggestions on what I can try to help with my little nail polish dilemma?

No comments:

Post a Comment