Tuesday 24 December 2013

Breath of Fresh Air.

Lush -
Breath of Fresh Air Facial Toner Spray
Lush. Just say the name and 99.9% of people (well, the female population anyway, maybe not as many guys) will know what you're talking about and proclaim their love for at least one of their products. I genuinely don't know a single person who doesn't love Lush, so if you're reading this and you don't then please tell me, it would be nice to make a change!

Lush describes this toner water online as  ‘The sea breeze captured in a bottle, a refreshing spray to tide you over’ it goes on to states; ‘A blend of seawater helps soften and hydrate the skin. Carrageen seaweed and aloe gel delicately coat the skin to lock in moisture, preventing further dehydration. Great for use any time throughout the day as a pick-me-up for skin and mind. Perfect for people on long haul flights, where cabin pressure seems to suck all life from the skin.’

I originally went in store to pick up the tea tree toner, however the lovely lady in Lush highlighted my skin would not really thank me for it during winter, (highlighting the tea tree toner might better suit my skin during summer). Therefore she pointed me in the direction of this toner as it helps lock in moisture. She also stated it helped to tighten pores and helps draw out any oil or dirt within the pores due to it causing the pores to contract rather then just minimise.

Lush's toners all come in the same black spray bottle, but in varying sizes, which is perfect for if you're going on holiday anywhere. The spray is quite direct - it isn't a mist at all, it's a proper jet-like spray (but not with the force of a jet, don't worry) so please don't expect a light mist if you spray it directly. You can also spray onto cotton wool and apply that way; both feel as good as each other. I find that I have no wastage with the product, and when I do it's my fault (like when I forget to check the spray is actually facing the right way and not at the wall....) so, depending on how often and how much you like to use, the bottles really do last you.
I’ve been using this toner for a while, morning and night before moisturising and I truly love it. At first when I used it I did find I broke out, however when talking to a friend who works in lush she said it happens to everyone as it’s helping to clear the skin of congestion. However now I’m over that period, my skin seems really much clearer and my pores appear much smaller. I do still get spots very now and then but they’re not as major a break out as before and for that I’m super glad. I also find that this toner really helps keep the dry areas of my face really moisturised, however helps get rid of the excess oil in my t-zone.
Overall, I definitely don’t think I will be using another toner for a while and I think it’s definitely time I try out some other skin care products from lush.
Maybe a mask?

No comments:

Post a Comment