Monday 16 December 2013

Take the Day Off.

Clinique -
Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm
I have very sensitive skin, so finding cleansers that don't make my face blow up, making me look like I've gone 10 rounds with Rocky Balboa, is pretty tricky. Until now…
My latest cleansing discovery is Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm from Clinique. It’s not new, but it’s new to me. I suppose that the balm, in its little flat pot, must have simply escaped my notice. Next to the tall bottles, it’s rather forgettable, but despite that I really like the packaging; it feels compact and neat. I'd steered away from balm cleansers for a long time - the strong fragrance in them tells me there's a high risk of my skin completely freaking out - but this one is fragrance free with no nastiest - illustrated by the fact the ingredients list is incredibly short.

You don’t need very much at all; in fact the hard texture makes it more difficult to scoop out excessive amounts. I simply wet my fingers and sort of rub them over the balm till I think I have enough to use. The Clinique balm is un-fragranced, which I imagine will be a huge bonus for many, and the formula is gentle and non-stripping. The balm melts in to oil that slips nicely across the skin so that you can really massage it in. It removes every last trace of makeup but rinses clean and if you have oily skin and are worried about using oil: fear not. This cleanser rinses completely clean – there’s absolutely no residue left behind and it’s not greasy at all. Surprising considering the initial waxy, lardy texture, but there you are. Never judge a book by its cover and all that.

After cleansing my skin is clean, and feels clean, but feels far more nourished than it does with just my old gel cleanser. Personally I wash my face twice with this balm at night, once to get rid of my make up, and I repeat it again to make sure that my skin is extra clean and gets all the nourishing benefits of the balm. This has been a total life save recently, my skin is super happy and hasn’t become horribly dry due to the cold weather like it usually does, at the same time it hasn’t broke out in to millions of spots or become irritated.


Overall this is the best cleanser I have ever used, and I doubt I will be changing it to anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment