Thursday 30 May 2013

Unsure.

CHANEL - 
Le Volume De Chanel Mascara
I received this not long ago as a sample. To say its a sample its a pretty good size, and the packaging of the box it came in was stunning! I was really excited to try this mascara, because even though its new, I was hearing some pretty good things about it.

So what does CHANEL say...'Instant volume and intense curves from the first stroke with longer, plumper and thicker lashes. Lashes are coated in deep colour, giving eyes a wide-open effect. A shock result produced by the perfect union of brush and formula: The brush, creates volume thanks to its smart design of snowflake-shaped disks that are stacked and oriented for an ideal finish.The quick-drying fluid formula helps build a customised volume result. A flutter of seduction beats across the eyes as they become the expression of a vibrant personality.'
Now, isn't that something special to live up to.

Ok, so im not saying its rubbish...however it doesn't really live up to all the hype and the amazing description of the mascara. Lets start with what I liked about it;
- The jet black colour is amazing, it really makes your eyes pop
- The wand its ok, its not too hard to use like some other mascaras that take a while to get to grips with the wards
- It does make a difference to the length and volume of my lashes, however nothing extreme

HOWEVER...
- I found it very clumpy, and as someone who hates anything clumpy it really let the mascara down for me

For me, the fact it was really rather clumpy just ruined the whole experience of using this mascara. I did try it for a whole week, and every day the same thing happened...it ended up clumping my lashes together and it just ruined the whole look.
Sorry Chanel!

No comments:

Post a Comment