Friday 10 May 2013

Lip Maximizer.


Dior - 

Lip Maximizer


Not long ago I drifted away from Dior make-up, there recent releases were either not up my personal taste or to similar to other Dior products I own. However, this product is just AMAZING!

What Dior state it does ‘Give your lips a kiss of instant volume and shine with this invigorating lip plumper. The rich blend of collagen and marine-based fillers smooth and moisturize the skin, leaving lips gorgeous and voluptuous. After just 15 days of use, your lips will be noticeably fuller and more defined. Smile big and enjoy the tingly, cooling effect of this formula, rather than the sometimes-painful sting associated with other lip plumpers. The soft vanilla-mint scent and sheer pink tint make this lip necessity gorgeous alone or as a volumizing base or topcoat.’

The lip maximizer comes as a gloss with a pinky-peachy tone to it and I often use it simply as a gloss over my incredible Dior LipGlow balm. The gloss has a very nice scent to it that stays with you for a long time. It glides very smooth and easy on your lips, leaving them quite glossy but not sticky at all. After about 30 seconds, it begins to tingle your lips and you feel as if they are truly getting fuller. I know there are many people out there that hate this tingling sensation. I, personally, LOVE it. It doesn’t tingle strongly or painfully, but it certainly can bother you if you are not a fan of it especially because it can last up till 45 minutes after application.
After application, my lips did appear fuller, plumper and more vibrant, and felt very soft and smooth after I took my makeup off. My favorite way to apply this product is over my Dior Lip Glow balm. During the day, I touch it up on top of my lip product of choice. As I already mentioned, you could use it just as a lip-gloss, if the scent and tingling don’t bother you.

The plumping effect lasted for over 2 hours after I applied it, but obviously you would be re-applying this product as you would any other lip-gloss. This gloss feels moisturizing so it won't make your lips dry and flaky in the winter months. In regards to the plumping effect, I applied it without my boyfriend knowing, and as soon as he saw me he commented on how plumped and fantastic my lips looked. I have tried so many different lip-plumping glosses, and to be honest this is the best I’ve ever tried. I’ve never had so many great comments about how amazing and full my lips look.
I think a huge plus point for this gloss is that it doesn't burn or irritate my lips like some other lip plumpers have before.  I am not willing to go through that much discomfort JUST to have slightly more volumised lips. I really like the formulation of this gloss and it's a fantastic multi tasker for your every day makeup...moisturizing, plumping and a lovely colour.

Overall, this is another fantastic product from Dior. If you want a fantastic lip plumping gloss, which not only plumps the lips, but also has loads of added benefits, then this is definitely the gloss for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment