Sunday 26 May 2013

Stay-Matte Powder.

Clinique -
Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder


Reluctantly, I had to buy a new pressed powder to keep in my bag for day to day on the run touch ups. My beloved Illamasqua powder (see review hereis just too amazing to ruin, and due to it slightly shattering again, I refuse to allow it to leave the house, unless I'm going away.
Anyway, I originally went to Clinique to buy a new Almost Powder compact. However, the consultant said I should try the Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder instead. Which I did, and which I actually much preferred. 
As you can also see in the photo, I picked up a sample of Clinique's new Stay-Matte Foundation...review coming soon!

What Clinique say; 'Removes excess oil and shine, without disturbing makeup. Leaves a matte-look to skin. Leaves skin feeling and looking comfortable and fresh.'

Basically, this is an oil-free, shine-absorbing pressed powder. The ultra-sheer texture of this pressed powder gives skin a perfected matte appearance. It's great for oily skin, oily spots and maintains a fresh look and feel, even after frequent touch-ups. It's also great to set make up; it even hides my horribly large pores, which seem to be able to peek through even the best of foundations. 

Due to it providing only a sheer to moderate coverage, it’s rather hard to make it look cakey, especially if you use a powder brush, which is my favorite way to apply this powder. Do be warned though, even though it doesn’t look particularly cakey, you get much fuller/heavier coverage when using the sponge within the compact.

Overall, this is a really good pressed powder. It does exactly what it says on the box, and there aren’t any particular flaws to it. The packaging is simple, slim and easily transportable. It’s definitely something you can just slip into your daytime bag, make up bag or clutch wherever you go, just for touch ups.

It retails for £21, which isn’t bad for a pressed powder, especially from quite a high market brand. I can see it lasting me for such a long time; therefore the price is definitely worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment