Monday 27 May 2013

Core-Collection.

Real Techniques -
Core Collection


Ok, so these may look familiar to a lot of you. They’ve pretty much taken over every blog site at some point or another. Even though I own many of the individual ones, I didn’t see many reasons to pay for the collections, because initially I didn’t think I would use many of them. However, everyone keeps raving about the buffing brush included within the set, and the contouring brush also looks pretty good.

The Real Techniques Core Set consists of four base brushes (indicated by the orange handles):
Buffing brush - The world and they mama looooooooove this brush for foundation, and I have to agree that it is fabulously well-balanced in density and flexibility, which makes it perfect for blending liquid foundations. Even if you prefer another brush for liquid foundation, the Buffing brush is your ticket to a natural finish, blending out excess product for a far more natural look. I love this brush as much as the rest of the world.
Contour brush - A beautifully dense, small-headed face brush perfect for contouring with bronzing or highlighting powders. The tapered end makes it brilliantly precise for accurate application of product to define your features. It is arguably too densely packed and short to act as a blending brush for cheek products but it applies colour brilliantly.
Pointed foundation brush - I surprisingly like the smaller size of this brush, as it makes a great concealer tool. However, I would probably be sitting in front of my mirror for an hour if I chose to use this for foundation. It definitely has a place in this collection, though, as it's a great basic brush.
Detailer brush - It's tiny, it's flat, and it’s tapered. You can't really ask for any more in a concealer brush, but I find this brush redundant for my makeup routine. I have yet to find a perfect place for this brush within my routine, however I’m determined to find the perfect way to use it.

Other features that make this brush set standout is the softness of the Taklon hair used in the brushes, and also the little 2 in 1 stand and case. The set as a whole is clearly well thought out. As a collection, Real Techniques combines innovative new brush shapes with basic tools in an affordable set. Overall, these are the best brushes I have ever used. They’re affordable and incredible; they’re just as good as any other high-end make up brush. Another great thing to mention is how easily they are to clean. I give them a really good, deep clean once a week, to keep them in good condition, and they wash amazingly and dry super fast.
EVERYONE WHO DOESN’T OWN THESE BRUSHES REALLY SHOULD DO!

This collection retails for £21.99, even though you can sometimes pick it up cheaper with offers online and 3 for 2’s within Boots. I actually got it for £15 when HQHair.com was having a massive discount moment. Two more brush sets are available along with many separate brushes from various worldwide online retailers and selected, larger Boots stores for those within the UK.

No comments:

Post a Comment