Monday 27 May 2013

Photo Flawless?

SEVENTEEN -
Photo Flawless Skin Primer
Now, the one pain problem with my skin when it comes to make up, is my large pores. No matter how amazing the foundation is, sooner or later my pores start to poke through. Not long ago I bought a Rimmel primer (blog post here) and as good as it is, for a drug store primer, it doesn't actually do that much for my pores. Therefore, the hunt was on again...everyone welcome the SEVENTEEN Photo Flawless skin primer. 

What SEVENTEEN say; 'The SEVENTEEN Photo Flawless primer is designed to apply before foundation to smooth your skin and assist the application of your base. The silky formula will also keep your foundation in place for longer, so you can be camera ready from morning until night!'

First up, I like the packaging - it's a black plastic squeezy tube with timeless gold lettering, making it look more expensive than its £4.99 price tag. The cap unscrews to reveal a small nozzle which makes it really easy to control how much product you're getting. At 15ml, this is less than half the size of the No 7 primer, but it's also less than half the price, and if it works I don't care!

Most reviews I have read about this primer compare it to Benefit's POREfessional. This primer, unlike Benefit's POREfessional, is not coloured. Both primers blend out translucent anyway however. The texture of this is very similar to the POREfessional in that it is oil-free and very very silky and smooth on the skin! It goes on really well and feels lovely on the skin. It created a smooth base for my foundation and I found it to prolong the wear of it too, much longer than the POREfessional did! Usually my foundation lasts around 5 hours with POREfessional, however, with this it was still going strong after 8/9 hours! I'm pleased I've found a primer which minimises my large pores slightly, but never the less I still think I'm going to keep an eye out for a primer which gives me an even better result. 

Ok dont get me wrong, for a cheap drug store primer, this isn't bad. However, its not going to give you photo flawless skin. If you have large pores like me, it does minimise them slightly, but there still there, and slightly noticeable. Overall, this primer is priced at £4.99 for 15ml from Boots, and is a good product considering there are much more expensive primers out there that do a very similar job! 


No comments:

Post a Comment