Wednesday 5 June 2013

The Perfect Lipgloss for Summer.

CHANEL - 
Levres Scintillantes Glossimer

If I could pick the perfect lipgloss for summer, I think that the CHANEL Glossimer in Mica would be the one.

Mica (131) is a really sheer peachy pink which is infused with a rainbow of glittery micro shimmer! The actual base colour is almost transparent once applied, and it is the shimmer that really makes this lipgloss come into it’s own…I can see pinks, purples, greens and oranges. In normal lighting (top photo) it just has a subtle pink sheen but once this hits sunlight (bottom photo) you get a gorgeous hit of multi coloured shimmer and sparkle! 
It is ridiculously difficult to photograph, like most gloss's of this type, however, you can sort of make it out. Its much more beautiful in real life!

Chanel being Chanel, this looks really refined and understated and I am in love! I should note that this is a very subtle lipgloss, especially in the shade, so if you’re looking for something more noticeable then I would give this a miss! I actually love wearing this over my Dior Lip Glow (read the review here). The balm provides the perfect pretty pink base, and this CHANEL gloss adds the fantastic, amazing, incredible, show stopping shimmer.

The texture is like a light gel so the lipgloss is non-sticky and is neither drying nor moisturising. It has a doe foot applicator and glides on easily. The glossy finish lasts for about 3 hours, and the shimmer stays for a little longer and doesn’t feel gritty at all.
Overall I love love love this and whenever the sun comes out I want to wear it! For me it’s worth spending £21.00 on, but if you’re not a fan of subtle finishes then I’d look for something more pigmented! In the sunlight, the shimmer is really beautiful and the finish is subtle enough to wear on a casual and special occasion. Definitely worth a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment