Thursday 20 June 2013

Rapid Growth, Stronger Nails.

Nailtiques -
Protein Formula No 2



My nails were doing amazing; they were getting longer and stronger. Then all of a sudden, they all started snapping and peeling. I put this mainly down to the stress of my placement, which was 4 weeks of being rushed off my feet and stressing out over everything.

Due to my beloved Dr Lewinns nail straightener running out. I thought I would try another nail strengthener people seem to really love; Nailtiques Formula 2.

Nailtiques explains Formula 2 - Treatment for Soft, Peeling, Bitten, Weak or Thin Nails Nailtiques Nail Protein formulas were created to treat different nail conditions. The salon-tested formulations offer special combinations of ingredients, including hydrolyzed keratin and protein in combination with gelatin and calcium to build a healthy nail foundation. The protein formulas bond the nail layers together building a strong nail foundation resistant to peeling, chipping and splitting.’
The website goes on to explain the benefits of the nail strengthener; ‘Nails that are soft, peeling, split or just will not grow will see marked improvement when treated with Formula 2. This formula consists of a unique blend of protein and conditioners. The protein immediately acts to help bond nails that are splitting or peeling. Formula 2 also helps to strengthen the nail resulting in long, strong and healthy nails.’

I’ve been using this for a while now, and to be truthful I haven’t seen any difference in my nails. The main problem I find with this product is that it peels, easily and a lot. I only have to wear it or a day and its already lifting and peeling off, it only gets worse when I put another layer on top. I’ve tried it on its own, as a base coat and on top of nail varnish and each time I get the same result. I’m determined to find a good way to use it, and to get a good result from it because so many people say how amazing it is for your nails. However, until then, I’m definitely repurchasing the Dr Lewinns alternative, when this bottle runs out.

On the plus side, I only have a small 7ml bottle, and its lasting me ages, and I apply it everyday, or sometimes twice a day if it peels off straight a way. You definitely get a lot of product for the price.

I will keep you up to date on this product and let you know if it gets any better and my final, overall ideas on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment