Tuesday 19 February 2013

My NEW Mask Routine.

Face masks aren't something I normally used. I always liked the idea of them being mini miracle workers, however after I found most of them don't work...until now. Beleive it or not I now have a rather amazing routine which includes 3 miracle products which are my new little skincare saviours!


First up is the Origins Modern Friction Exfoliator, I know this isn't a mask, however I find using it before my next product is such a good help. Plus its just amazing at making my skin so soft and glowing! I don't usually like using exfoliators, I have rather sensitive skin, therefore stayed away in case they irritated my skin, however this hasn't done anything of the sort, only helped my skin become so soft and healthy. The origins website describes it as; 'Sand-blasting skin with coarse, chemical crystals? How painfully passe. Here's age-smoothing exfoliation without irritation. Skin-refining Rice Starch cushioned in cream, rapidly removes sluggish cells, uneven patches and signs of skin damage and discolourations. Lemon Oil kick starts the process of illumination. Vitamin C mops up skin-menacing free radicals. There's no ouch, extra steps or other complications. No redness or flaking follows. Signs of lines and size of pores appear to shrink. Skin looks perfectly polished, smooth and luminous.' Its not usual that I agree with product descriptions fully, but this product does exactly what it says on the tube! 
The product itself is very rich and creamy, and doesn't feel like its going to do that much exfoliating...which was my first misconception. The consultant on the counter told me to use the mask after washing off all my make up, and after patting my skin dry-ish, therefore meaning the product would work much better and not mix with much water (something I didn't know), straight away I could feel my skin getting softer and softer especially around my checks and nose which are usually pretty bad. I didn't scrub for too long because I didn't want to push my sensitive skin too much, just enough to get rid of any dead skin cells. It's also important to note it's got lemon oil and vitamin c in it, to promote brightness and give the skin a great glow as well as being packed with rice starch - that's what makes it so thick but also it does smell a lot of lemon and its very important to keep it away from you eyes...as my sister found out! Overall this makes my skin super soft and just glow, it's also really good to use before a mask, to make sure the mask really gets into the pores and give the best effect possible. I use this around 2 times a week, ones on Sundays before my Clear Improvement Mask and mid way through the week when I think my skin might need a bit of scrub to get it all nice a soft again (usually only necessary when I've been using more make up then normal or needed!). One of the things I love about this scrub, other then the fact it doesn't upset my sensitive skin, is that it doesn't make my skin red nor dry, which is what I usually find with scrubs...totally work investing in, also you only need a little, so I can see this tube lasting me a longggg time.

Secondly is the Origins Clear Improvement Mask. This is a clay mask which is meant to get rid of any impurities and in a sense 'detoxify' your skin. The website states 'When environmental pollutants, dirt and debris get under your skin, its waste-filtering system gets jammed, pores get clogged, skin looks cloudy. Nature's complexion clean-up crew gets to the bottom of skins overcast condition and clears the way for it to act its best. Activated Charcoal acts like a magnet to draw out pore-cloggers, White China Clay absorbs environmental pollutants, Lecithin dissolves impurities. Without all that "stuff" down there, skin "breathes a sigh of relief."' Like most bloggers I also research products I'm thinking of buying before I actually do so, it gives me a good chance to compare similar products and see which ones have more chance of actually doing my skin any noticeable good. Its clear to say after reading the description on the website I was rather dubious about if the mask could live up to these high claim...but it really really does!
This mask has a active clay-based formula thats soft to the touch at first and tightens against the skin as it dries. You really don't need a lot because a little goes a long way, and you don't need a completely thick layer of the product. I usually wear mine whilst relaxing in the bath, therefor its on a little bit longer then directed on the tube, which is 10 minutes...ooops. It does tighten when it begins to dry, however personally I don't find this uncomfortably tight. I can't sing the praises for this mask highly enough, noticeable results are achieved after just one use and the long-term benefits are astounding. On the first use I found my skin to look really clean and peachy, to the touch it felt totally oil free and really soft. Replenished and purified would be a good way to describe the post-mask feeling. With long term use (one or two times a week, at most) my pores are reduced, blackheads are near eradicated and my skin is virtually oil-free for at least five days after use. I currently only use it once a week, usually on a Sunday to give my skin a good detox, however if i find my pores around my nose area are being a bit 'mischievous' I apply it just to that area for 10 - 15 minutes and it sorts out any problems. This is definitely amazing, and my skin hasn't looked as good for so long.

Lastly is the Origins Out of Trouble Mask, I've already done a in-depth review of this here, however I use this once or twice a week, depending how my skin is...breakout related. I do find this is really good at helping clear any little breakouts which the Clear Improvements Mask has caused due to lifting any dirt from my pores. I find after using this mask my skin is so much better, the spots are much less red and inflamed and it curves any breakouts which are starting to form! I tend to leave this on whilst watching TV, therefore the time its on tends to change depending when or if there are adverts.

Overall this routine has been the main reason for my amazingly clearer skin all of a sudden. Im not promising it will stop you getting spots all together, however for me its stopped me getting as many, and definitely helps get rid of them faster then normal. Both the masks are £20 and the exfoliator is priced at £30...however it is a 125ml tube...so it will last a very long time. Personally I will definitely repurchase every one of these products, not only am i using them once or twice a week, which means their going to last me a long time, the effects both straight away and in the long run appear to be incredible, something everyone will know is a rarity!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment