Friday 22 February 2013

Expert Face Brush.

Real Techniques -
Expert Face Brush


When Samantha Chapman released her Real Techniques brushes I have to say I jumped on the wagon straight away. I think it took me about a week to decided the Stippling Brush had to be mine, mainly because it was unlike any other make up brush around at that time, and also because there was that much praise about it...I sort of felt left out! HOWEVER, now its looking a little sorry for itself, and lets face it...everyone needs a new foundation brush, and due to my Urban Decay one being a nightmare to wash, I wanted a special one for special occasions, when I wanted my make up to look flawless. Therefore, after some serious googling I came across a lot of talk about this Expert Face Brush, I know everyone loves the Blending Brush from Real Techniques, however its only available within the Core Set...and I wouldn't get any use out of any of the other brushes, therefore I cant justify it. Anyway due to having some trusty Boots points saved up I thought I would get one and try it.

The Boots website describes this brush as 'a wider, ultra firm face brush and a must-have beauty makeup accessory that will help to create a flawless base on your skin. The more time you spend on this first step of makeup application, the better the results at the end.' Where as the Real Techniques Website states 'ultra firm and broad for application and blending of cream or liquid foundation, look pixel-perfect even in harsh light, ultra-plush, synthetic taklon bristles are hand cut and 100% cruelty-free'.

The bristles are soft and feel so gentle and luxurious on your face. The brush is ultra film and broad, allowing smooth application and making it easy to blend your foundation. I've got to admit the first few times I used this brush with my various liquid foundations I was a little disappointed as it seemed to create a lower coverage and a less air brushed finish than my stippling brush. However, I now know that's because I was trying to use it as if it was the buffing brush in big circular buffing motions, but in fact they are totally different brushes very different in shape and created for different purposes. Once I realised this I tried using it more like you would a regular foundation brush, by dipping it into product on my hand and applying it with small paint brush style strokes blending as I went and now I absolutely love it! Using it this way made foundation application so quick and easy and left my face looking more flawless and airbrushed in no time.

Also, even though you don't use buffing motions with this brush, the dense and broad brush head seems to really get the foundation to sink into my skin instead of just leaving the product sitting on top, which the stippling brush had a tendency of doing. 
So yes this has replaced my beloved stippling brush in my foundation routine at the moment (although I do still love and recommend the good old stipple) and in my opinion it's another resounding triumph from the lovely Samantha Chapman! Has it completely got rid of my need to try the buffing brush? I would be lying if I said I still didn't want to see what all the fuss was about, but now I'm so happy with this one I'm pretty sure I don't actually need it!

So have you tried RT Expert Brush, if so what are your thoughts on it?

No comments:

Post a Comment