Saturday 2 February 2013

Mini Manicure.

Before christmas I thought I would take off my false nails and go back to oh'natural. Something I haven't done since I was sixteen, as since then I've always had acrylic or gel nails on. Therefore it's fair to say nails are in a shocking condition, they're weak, breaking all the time and just generally horrible...however I'm persisting.
Therefore ever since I've been taking the time to paint them, keep them neat, tidy and overall healthy. So today I thought I would show you what I've been using...

I've been using the Dr Lewinns Nail Strengthener for a little while now, I wont go into too much detail because I'm planning on writing a full review soon, once i've decided if its actually working or not. However because my nails are rather short at the moment, this may take a little while, however so far so good. Now, it works in a very specific way, you put two coats on the first day, then one coat every day for 5 days, and on the 7th day you take it all off and start again. Its aimed to build up the nails and help them become a lot stronger and stop them from breaking as much, however because of the rather powerful ingredient, you only do this for 4 weeks, then you have to leave them for 2 weeks and begin the process again. Currently I'm at the two week resting stage, however because there still super weak I still put two coats on under my nail varnish every time I change my nail varnish, just to help keep them a little bit protected. The other Dr Lewinns product I've been loving at the moment is the Nourishing Oil, it's contains soothing oils and herbal extracts to moisturise and nourish cuticles and nails, its made up of vitamins A and E as well as strong anti-oxidants. Your meant to use this both morning and night, however I'm not going to lie, I only use it when I remember, however never the less its really good, it makes the cuticle's very smooth, soft and look very healthy.


The nail varnish I've been totally loving at the moment is Essie's Sugar Daddy (hate the name). Essie.com describes it as 'a sweet and shimmery pink, perfect for a french manicure', at the moment my nails aren't long enough for a french manicure, however I love wearing the colour on its own. Personally, I don't see any shimmer within it, however it does give the perfect natural nails but better look. It goes on a very sheet baby pink, which is very flattering on all nails. Application is very smooth and two coats give a perfect glossy natural finish...my nails look amazing...especially to say there rather short!

For a top coat I use Save The Nail's Wet Look top coat. I hadn't ever heard of it, however I saw it in boots and liked the idea of Wet Look therefore thought I would give it a go, plus it turns out its actually from Nails Inc. Anyway, personally its nothing like I was expecting or hoping for it to be like, it states 'Save The Nail Wet Look Top Coat utilises the latest wet look technology to create high gloss finish. Extends nail polish wear and durability for longer lasting glossy manicure, it contains diamond powder for brilliant shine.' Does it make my nails glossy, yes, any more so then other top coats...not really, does it extend nail polish wear and durability...not really. Overall I don't think I would purchase it again, it costs £7 from boots, however at the moment its only £5, therefore in regards to a cheap top coat...its ok...however as its created by Nails inc...not impressed.

Lastly, the basics I use are;

  • Cutex Aceton Free Nail Polish Remover (I always use Acetone Free!)
  • Ms Manicure Pro-Filer Salon Emery Board
  • Boots 4 Way Buffer Block (cheap and never lets me down)
  • Cuticle Trimmer and Pusher Groomer Duo
  • Boots Cotton Wool Double Faced Pads






No comments:

Post a Comment