Monday 7 May 2012

Tantastic.

Xen-Tan Dark Lotion

I love having an all year round tan, however due to me being extremely pale...that would never happen naturally. Even when I go away I never get a tan, I just burn then go back to being my usual pale self. This is what started me using false tan in the beginning, however back then I used a gradual tan, it gave me a natural tan however due to me being quite young, it wasn't that expensive. It wasn't until recently I discovered Xen-Tan.
I originally bought the Xen-Tan Deep Bronze Luxe, however even though it was amazing, it was really difficult to apply, this I believe was due to there being no guide colour, therefore I couldn't see where I'd already applied it. I also found it dried incredibly fast and was really hard to rub in, therefore you had to work fast. This ultimately lead to me wanting to try the lotion version. I've been using it for a few weeks and it is so much easier to apply, and it also has a guide colour. The colour using both products is pretty much the same, they leave me looking naturally brown without one little streak, meaning it looks blissfully even. Packed with rick moisturisers and premium ingredients, this glides onto the skin and leaves it feeling both nourished and silky smooth. Enriched with coconut and walnut oils, it aims to achieve a stunningly natural olive tan, which lasts an exceptionally longtime. In my opinion it lasts around 5 to 7 days; I strip it off Wednesday night and apply a fresh new coat on Thursday, however it does begin to fade on Monday, and due to this I have a bottle of Garnier Skin Naturals Summer Body Moisturising Lotion in dark to just mix in with my moisturiser after a shower...I apply this all over to help me keep looking beautifully brown. However I do have quite a hot shower every morning, and therefore the heat from the shower may be the cause of why it fades so fast.
The one thing which did catch my eye when this arrived was the new and improved, fabulous packaging. I think it makes it look so much more high end and elegant then just a slandered false tan. The pump is also very handy, it means I can get my false tan even...two pumps for each leg, one pump for the top of my arm etc. It also allows me to ration it, so I don't go over the top with using a lot when I really done need to, this was another problem with the other Xen-Tan product I used, it came in a tube so it was really messy and hard to judge how much I would need, often using way too much.
Overall Xen-Tan is definitely my favourite brand of false tan out of them all...its incredible and I love the idea that you only have to apply it once a week instead of every day or every other day, and yet you stay brown for the whole week...pretty much. When I bought this a few weeks ago it was only £18 from FeelUnique.com, however now it appears its gone up to £22, which I guess isn't bad, but its still a really big jump in price. On the other hand, I will definitely be buying it again, it's really good and I really like the colour and how easily it applies so overall its my new Holy Grail false tan.

Whats you're favourite false tan brand on the market?
Whats your biggest false tan mistake?

No comments:

Post a Comment