Thursday 10 May 2012

Sleeping Beauty.

Origins -

High Potency Night-A-Mins


I never really thought about using a night cream, if I'm being truthful I just thought it was something my mum used to try and battle the fun side-effects of ageing. However, I thought it was a bit strange that everyone who's videos I watched on YouTube all used night creams, they said it was a good way to rehydrate your skin whilst you slept and overall just helps improve your skin. Therefore I thought it was something I would try out, and see how it works...after some very in depth research which involved reading soooo many blog, I bought the Origins High Potency Night-A-Mins renewal cream. It claims that by using resurfacing ingredients plus Vitamins C, E & H, minerals & moisture-rich replenishes, it helps remove dry flaky layers to reveal brighter texture and clarity, leaving skin looking rested, renewed and richly replenished in the morning.
This is really hard to judge because I ordered this offline, and the day it arrived I had just purchased my Soap & Glory Peaches and Clean Cleansing Milk, this means that even though my skin looks much clearer and overall much fresher, I don't really know which is to thank for that. I have also bought a Korres 3 in 1 Cleansing Water (review to come), and since using that my skin has become even better. 
However in my opinion, I don't really think my skin looks that much brighter, maybe a little less dull in the morning but nothing extreme. It does feel much more moisturised in the morning, and I don't have any dry skin on my face which is something I used to really have a problem with. In regards to my skin looking rested, renewed and replenished in the morning...this I haven't yet seen. The one thing I have to say about this cream is it smells incredible, so fresh and really relaxing, the texture however is rather strange. At first I imagined it to feel really creamy like most other on the market, however this is completely different, its almost feels greasy...at first I really didn't like this, but it does soak into the skin quite fast and leaves it feeling happily moisturised.
Would I repurchase this again...I'm not really sure just yet. Its £31 and due to night creams being something I havent much knowledge on just yet, I think its only right to test out other night creams, maybe ones which are a little less pricey, and see how they compare. I have to be totally honest for £31, this really let me down, I thought it was going to make my skin look really replenished, radiant and fresh in a morning...which it unfortunately doesn't really do.

Do you use a night cream, if so whats your favourite?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment