Wednesday 16 May 2012

Everyday Make-Up.

This will be a quick post about what make-up I use pretty much everyday, unless I'm going somewhere special.
Be warned its very picture heavy!


Stila - Perfect + Correct Foundation in Tone & Real Techniques Stippling Brush;

This is my current daytime foundation. When I first bought it I really loved it, I thought it made my skin look radiant and really rather stunning. However as I keep using it I'm beginning to go off it quite a lot. It doesn't seem to be lasting that long on my skin and for some reason it just seems to...disappear on my face after a few hours which is really annoying when I'm busy all day. On the other hand it seems to work in fits and fads, sometimes I really love it, others I really don't like how it applies and therefore I spend a lot of time making it look blended and how I originally wanted it to look...which takes a lot of time.
My stippling brush on the other hand is amazing, it always makes my foundation look flawless and is really easy to use.


 
Clinique - High Impact Mascara & Shu Uemura - Eyelash Curlers;
 I used to use the Benefit They're Real mascara, and I really liked it, however I received a sample of this mascara in the post a whiles back I totally fell head over heels in loved with it. Its incredible. It adds so much length and volume to my eyelashes its unreal, and the intensity of the back is also really stunningly dramatic. I originally wanted to use it for just special occasions but I couldn't find another mascara I loved so much, therefore i use it everyday. Another real bonus is that it keeps the curl in my eyelashes all day, this I create using my beloved Shu Umura eyelash curlers. At first I was the slightest bit reluctant to pay £20 for eyelash curlers however now I'm so happy I did so and will carry on buying replacement pads as I now cant live without them.

Urban Decay - Naked Palette;
I received this for Christmas, and I love it so much. The colours are incredibly pigmented, and to be honest due to me being a brown/neutral lover, I haven't found any reason to buy any other eyeshadow since buying this, other then the odd purple or blue. I have used every single one of the eye shadows in this set, and you can create so many different looks from them. My particulate favourites are Virgin, Sin, Side Car, Hustle and Gun Metal however I use every single one of them.
Bobbi Brown - Bronzing Powder in Medium;
This is one of the best bronzer I've ever used, however I am planning on buying the Nars Luguna when this runs out, just to see what its like and if it lives up to the hype. However back onto this bronzer, I have it in Medium, but if I was to repurchase I may look at going for the shade lighter as this can sometimes be overly brown, and with a small tint of red in it which sometimes looks overpowering. Its fabulous for contouring which is what I normally us it for, or if I'm just wearing powder foundation then I use it to give me a bit more of a sun kissed glow, and make sure my face is blended in with the rest of my neck/chest. Overall this is really brilliant, I have tried the MAC bronzer as its 100% better in my opinion.

Benefit - Hervana Blusher & Girl Meets Pearl (tester size);
This is my favourite blusher, and I think it will stay that way for a long time to come. Its gives such a natural stunning flush onto the cheeks which is just stunning. The fact its made up of 4 different colours also means that  every time the colours that bit different which really helps keep your make up looking fresh and new everyday. Another thing I really like about this blusher is its really build able, so on those days when I want a tiny bit off colour I just use a tiny bit, however its really easy to build it up to a really rather heavy pink colour (however this isn't something I particularly do, I like it more when its rather light). Girl Meets Pearl is something else I really enjoy using on a day to day basis. Its only a tester as I got it as part of a kit my sister bought me for Christmas, its a cream highlighter, which isn't something I've ever used as I normally go for a powder highlighter. However this is amazing, its just the right amount of a pearl colour to really highlight your cheekbones and brow bone without looking overdone, which is really nice for a natural everyday look. You also only need a small amount, which means this very small little tester has lasted me a very, very long time. Would I buy it again...I'm not sure, it is really stunning however I have a Chanel Highlighter which I really like as well. However it was limited edition and very expensive, therefore I would maybe look at buying the full version of this as an everyday highlighting product.

Benefit - BrowZings in Light;
My eyebrows were something I never really focused on...that was until I had a make over at the Benefit counter and she showed me how to do my eyebrows using this little kit, and it really made such a difference to my whole face. It consists of a wax (the darker colour) and a pressed powder (the light brown). This is in the shade light because I have blonde hair as therefore my eyebrows are really rather light. This little kit is amazing, its really easy to use and the pay off is incredible. I use this everyday, and I hate it when I miss doing my eyebrows in the morning if I'm in a rush, it comes with 2 little brushes to apply the product and a small set of tweezers, the brushes are OK, however sometimes rather fiddly, but they do the job and therefore I'm happy. This is something I will definitely repurchase, however I've had it ages, and I still have so much left, so I cant see me running out any time soon.

MAC lipstick in Creme Cup and Chatterbox;
MAC lipsticks are something I really like to use, there cheap and cheerful for everyday use and stop me waisting my Dior and Chanel lipsticks. These are my two favourite everyday shades, as there the most natural shades I own. Creme Cup is ultimately my favourite, its a baby pink, with a blue undertone and its so pretty and natural, giving that slight pink colour and making your lips look really lovely. Its a cremesheen, and therefore when summer comes it means its staying at home, as they do have a tendency of melting if they get too warm which is the only down side to this lipstick. Chatterbox is much more pink in comparison to cremecup, in my opinion its somewhere between a pink and red. Its really nice when your going somewhere nice and you think you need a bit more colour on your lips however not too the extreme of a shade such as "girl about town". This is an amplified creme, this means its a nice creamy consistency however is very pigmented. Both of these are really fabulous, however I don't think there lipsticks which I would run out and buy if I had just run out.

No comments:

Post a Comment