Friday 4 May 2012

Daytime Foundation.

Stila -

Perfect & Correct Foundation

I recently purchased the DiorSkin Forever Foundation, however at £33 a bottle...I didn't want to waste it. Therefore I wanted to buy a somewhat cheaper daytime alternative. I was originally going to buy the Bourjois Mix Serum, as many people thought it was the best drugstore foundation on the market. However after I tried a sample, it wasn't really as good as what I hoped for.
Therefore after searching the net I came across the Stila Perfect & Correct Foundation. Many bloggers loved it and it received 4.1 on MakeUpAlley.com, therefore I was completely hooked...however it was £29 for a 30ml bottle, so I guess its not that much cheaper then my Dior foundation. In my opinion it looks like a dark version of Mr Whippy ice cream which is just amazing, this is due to it having the foundation itself, a primer and a unique multi-mineral complex all swirled into one. Other then this the real thing which drew my attention to this foundation was the added benefits the foundation has, which are aimed to help keep your skin healthy and glowing.
The key benefits are;
- swirled with an advanced emolient system
- unique multi-mineral complex
- contains potent antioxidants and skin soothing chamomile
- helps diminish the look of fine lines and wrinkles
- helps hydrates and balance the skin
- helps minimise pores and controls oil
- high definition and high performance
- weightless, medium coverage
- energised with Stila's exclusive Youth Revival Bio-Available Mineral Complex.
To those who aren't really sure what this "exclusive Youth Revival Bio-Available Mineral Complex" is...in short, this complex promotes youthful looking skin, radiant finish, balanced skin, it adapts to your skin tone and type, its a multi-use products which means you can layer it for more coverage and most importantly it provides you with a clean, classic, beautiful complexion.

Its available in 8 shades, and for me it was really hard to find the perfect shade I needed. I found that I was more closely matched to Tone then that of Medium, which is a shade higher, however a lot darker. When I got home I found it really suited my skin well, however it does oxidise slightly which makes it that tiny bit darker...this could be what makes it suit my skin so well. Its really rather easy to apply onto the skin and due to it having added primer, it helps cut out a big step and means my own primer will last much longer. Its really light coverage at first, however like it states above, its really easy to build a lightweight coverage where you need it most, and its really quick and easy to apply and results in a glowing complexion.

Overall this foundation blew my expectations out of the water. Its amazing. The coverage is perfect for a daytime foundation, you only need a small amount to cover your whole face and to focus on covering that odd spot. I wore it today and it lasted 6 hours at least without needing a quick dab with blotting paper (this is really good for me, I have really oily skin and my forehead becomes oily in record time), and even then my foundation still looked amazing...like I had only just applied it. It doesn't go patchy but instead just fades, therefore it doesn't make your skin look a complete state by the end of the day, which is really incredible. Another key point is that as of yet (touch wood), it hasn't fetched me out in any spots, however if it was to do so, it would no doubt be something to do with the Youth Revival Bio-Available Mineral Complex, which like skin care, your skin has to get used to. However even that wouldn't stop me using this foundation, it leaves my skin looking luminous and so beautiful, the lasting power is fabulous especially as I usually wear it all day long. In my opinion its definitely worth the £29 I payed for it, I'm definitely enjoying using it and so glad I chose to buy this and not a cheap high street foundation.

Have you ever tried Stila's Perfect & Correct Foundation, if so what do you think of it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment