Wednesday 7 January 2015

The Perfect Foundation Brush?

Shiseido –
The Makeup Perfect Foundation Brush

 “Designed to provide the ultimate finish, Shiseido’s New Perfect Foundation Brush helps to create a natural and flawless complexion. The unique shape of the brush allows foundation to glide evenly over the furrows and ridges of the skin while perfectly fitting over all angles and uneven surfaces of the face. A versatile product it can be used with all foundation types including liquid, powder and compact. Made with a blend of artificial hairs the new Perfect Foundation Brush is a must have tool for any make-up collection.”

For the longest of time I thought I was done with my makeup brush hunt, and boy was I dead wrong – you cant deny that makeup brushes are a fairly addictive hobby especially the hunt for the perfect foundation brush. In my defense I have used my recent foundation brush for a very long time, therefore I am no doubt in need for a new one. Plus, the reviews I read for this brush sounded too good not to order one straightaway!
It has a synthetic thick round headed brush, densely packed yet super soft and I was surprised at how well this applies foundation like a dream! This small brush is just amazing! It’s cut at a slight slanting angle, and this is so it’s perfect to get into those hard edges and the nooks of your face – like the side of your nose. Now there is no denying that this little wonder is small. It actually surprises me every time I pick it up, because it’s really that small. Even my boyfriend questioned just how long I would need to put my foundation on, and just how practical it was. Well, you know what they say right…size isn’t everything, its what you do with it that matters.  Even he commented on how amazing my foundation looked! Which trust me…is a first!
Due to the densely packed rounded head brush, it really does apply foundations evenly on your skin, leaving no blotches or patches in sight, unlike most stippling and buffing brushes. Another different is that most brushes require a buffing motion for it to go evenly, for this brush all you have to do is dab, dab, dab and that’s it, trust me this took me a while to learn and get used to! It does its job incredibly well at evening out foundation, and the densely packed brush means you have more evened pigment concentrated. Totally fool proof for someone who’s too lazy to buff in her foundation, and the finish is amazingly flawless I kid you not…it even covers up my huge pores really well!
The only major downer is the cleaning. Due to it being so dense, the brush is hard to get thoroughly clean. However, anyone who has owned a few make-up brushes will know this is something that comes with quality brushes, for some reason the more expensive, higher quality and brilliant a brush gets the worse they are to wash. Never the less I don’t mind spending a little longer really cleaning and getting this brush spotless, for how amazing it is!
Price wise its a little bit on the steep side, as it cost me £29. But I do admit it’s a pretty good investment, and I’m very happy with it. Compared to the other brushes I have used its quite expensive:
Sigma Beauty F80 - £17
Real Techniques Expert Face Brush - £9.99
Real Techniques Core Collection (which includes the Buffing Brush) - £21.99

Overall, the Shiseido Perfect Foundation brush is beyond perfect, especially for applying liquid foundation! It gives a very even and smooth finish with just one go. Lightly dab it on your skin and it deposits just the right amount of foundation so you get a very even, flawless result without it looking streaky or cakey. You don’t even need to buff it after that. It just goes on perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment