Wednesday 21 January 2015

Steel Grey.

Burberry -
Nail Polish in Steel Grey

“Formulated with patent-pending technology, Burberry Nail Polish has a protective and long-lasting high-gloss finish with accelerated drying and hardening times. The formula contains strengthening and moisturising elements, including antioxidant pro-vitamin B5 and myrrh extract, to help protect and care for nails and prevent breakages. Effortless application is guaranteed with a high-precision rounded-end brush design. Discover saturated hues direct from the Prorsum runway, intense, highly pigmented tones reflecting the British weather and landscape, and subtle hues of nude inspired by the trench coat, the most iconic of all Burberry garments.” - Burberry

Anyone who reads my blog enough will know I can become easily obsessed with one specific brand, first it was Dior, then Urban Decay and not long ago it was bare Minerals. For Christmas my boyfriend bought me a Burberry limited edition eye shadow quad and it’s amazing! 
Therefore I went to the counter, just to look, and fell upon the most beautiful nail polishes, and I don’t just mean the packaging (which is stunning) but the shade selection also is very different and unique. I though I would choose just one to begin with, then maybe go back for a few more, if the quality was as good as they look. Anyone who loves polishes knows that when you have to choose just one, then it becomes a true challenge about which shade to get…but 15 minutes late and with a bit of help from my boyfriend I left with Steel Grey in hand and let me say…I am beyond happy I choose this colour! 
Steel Grey it is a mid-toned taupe with golden shimmer, which makes it, pulls a little warmer than it is. The golden shimmer can only really be noticed under direct sunlight, but even if you can’t see it, the base colour is also very pretty! Formula wise it is beyond incredible! Its fast drying and you only need two thin coats for an opaque coverage before drying to an ultra high shine finish. This was the most beautiful to apply polish I think I have ever used! It self levels, it doesn’t streak or drag and the brush is wide enough to make applying the polish flawless. 
There is however just one tiny thing. Each polishes retail for £15, which is technically quite reasonable; however, they are only 8ml in volume, this means there a lot less then any other polish, for comparison;
Burberry Nail Polish 8ml - £15
Dior Nail Polish 10ml - £18.50
Chanel Nail Polish 13ml - £18
Butter London 11ml - £14

Nevertheless, I own each of these polishes and this Burberry polish is beyond better then any of the others, Chanel especially chips within hours! I really can’t wait to get my hands on some more of these polishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment