Sunday 11 January 2015

Star.

Dior - 

DiorSkin Star Foundation



Studio Make-Up Spectacular Brightening Weightless Perfection Foundation SPF 30
The complexion is instantly more luminous and visibly more even. A new generation of hollow silica beads captures and diffuses light in a correcting halo with no shine. At the same time, colour-filter pigments neutralise colour imbalances to recreate the perfect light. The complexion is clarified with a purer, more dazzling and long-lasting light. Anti-""light-trap"" skincare ingredients help reduce the appearance of dark areas, pigment spots and redness.’

The one think I really like is that there’s enough coverage to properly even out skin tone and cover small blemishes, but that the finish looks very natural. I don’t want to look as though I’m wearing foundation when I wear foundation, so all of these new-barely-there bases that keep launching are ideal for me. The problem with many of them, though, is that unless you have flawless skin to start with, you’re only going to be putting a kind of “tinted blurring veil” over the top; you can still see imperfections, though they are made less obvious. With Star, I feel as though you get a proper coverage but the formula is still lightweight (I know it states to be “weightless”, but I would say it was instead very, very light.)
The texture is super light. It glides easily over the skin and has a really smoothing and brightening effect that really doesn’t look like foundation but just a unified complexion. How the light-reflection is different to other foundations is in the Light Pulsion Complex. Normal radiance enhancers typically contain filled spheres that can create a bit of a shiny, mask-like effect, or hollow spheres that produce softness on the skin yet lack radiant intensity. Dior has solved this problem by creating a perfect balance between the two by using new-generation, titanium-enriched spheres that combine “softly diffused radiance with a long-lasting intensity”.  Colour filter pigments detect imperfections in the skin and create the optimum light conditions to re-balance discolouration and enhance the contours of the face.
The bottle is luxury. It’s one of those ‘you get what you pay for‘ jobs. It’s glass, hefty and not something you’d want to lug around for travel – but I can get over that. I must point out that the formula is slightly fragranced, though it’s nothing that hangs around on your face for long. I’m usually very sensitive when it comes to these kinds of things but I haven’t had any problems to note, just pointing it out for other gals whose complexions have the tendency to act up with fragrances.
Colour wise there are 12 made-to-measure shades that adapt to the subtleties of every skin tone, for a warm-toned glow. The shades have been developed to stay true. Plus, they also have a little machine at the counters that scan a little section of your skin, giving you your perfect foundation colour.
Overall, I really like this on my skin. It gives a flawless effect without making me look like I am wearing much makeup at all. I definitely think that my skin looks light-boosted and radiant. And I love that this foundation has real skincare benefits.

No comments:

Post a Comment