Wednesday 24 December 2014

Six-Inch.

Timberland -
Six-Inch Premium Boots


‘Here it is: the original Timberland® boot that helped start it all nearly forty years ago. Admittedly we’ve made a few improvements over the years, such as the addition of our exclusive anti-fatigue technology for all-day comfort, but our six-inch boots remain just as sturdy and dependable as ever. They’re crafted in premium waterproof leather with seam-sealed construction to keep your feet dry, whatever the elements throw at you. Famed for their long-lasting durability, our six-inch premium boots will stand up to a beating in mud, rain, sand and snow and keep coming back for more.’
If you asked me a year or two ago if I would be one to wear Timberland boots, I would have laughed and like no! However, my boyfriend has done nothing but moan about how un-sturdy my UGG boots are for this time of year, and as someone who usually lives out of my UGGs I think he’s getting a little bored of seeing me in them! Therefore he took me to the Timberland store and refused to let me leave until I tried them on…this took a while, but once I had tried them on, got over how different to UGGs they were, I truly fell in love!

On paper they sound perfect:
- Premium full-grain leather upper for rugged durability
- Waterproof seam-sealed construction is guaranteed to keep feet dry in any weather
- Rustproof hardware for durability and an authentic Timberland look
- Padded collar for a comfortable fit around the ankle
- Textile lining and foot bed cover for breath ability
- EVA foot bed for lightweight cushioning, shock absorption and all-day comfort
- Rubber lug out sole for traction and durability
- Steel shank for arch support
Now I know that not many products live up to their details claim, however this description fits these just perfectly!

Now I know lots of people class these as a ‘walking boot’, and if that’s what you’re looking for these suit that claim perfectly, however they are also great for every and all occasions . 
They are unbelievably comfortable!
Firstly I absolutely love the sole and foot bed. The sole is thick enough to keep you from feeling every branch and stone you step on, but it isn’t heavy at all, unlike the similar but cheaper Caterpillar boots. It’s flexible on unsteady terrain and offers enough support. It truly makes you feel as if you’re walking on a pillow. Whenever you take a step it’s like the foot bed bounces you back up, aiding you to walk on.
Secondly, the look of these boots is still a big plus for me as well! They’re just great for every occasion, I wear them to work, shopping, walking, going to the lake or camping! I was a bit afraid that the nubuck would wear off quickly or get dirty rapidly, but that doesn’t seem to be the case so far. I’ve had mud on it a couple of times, but I just let it dry and then I could clean it off easily afterwards.
Another great point is that they come I half sizes! Sometimes a 5 is too small for me, luckily for me a 5 fit perfectly, but if your looking for half sizes amazingly Timberland has them, and therefore they fit me perfectly!
The only downside is the price! Different models come at different prices, however these were £160. In comparison to a pair of tall UGGs (£190) there isn’t that much in it, and these are more suitable for all occasions and made of sturdier stuff, therefore I only see them as a bargain!

Overall, I can’t find enough words to say how much I love these boots! I haven’t yet taken them off and they look so good with a ripped pair of jeans! Got to give the boyfriend huge points for making me go in to the Timberland shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment